• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email

Liamy

I cannot seem to get the Email to work from within the shop or admin. If I select SMTP/CRLF I get this error

Warning: send(): Unable to access ../mailconfig/config.php in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(../mailconfig/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(): Unable to access ../mailconfig/config.php in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(../mailconfig/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(): Unable to access ../mailconfig/config.php in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(../mailconfig/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Fatal error: send(): Failed opening required '../mailconfig/config.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524

If I select SENDMAIL/LF Emails show as having been sent successfully but they are not sent. I don't know what to do. It's a Windows Server (eNom) and on the server PNP lookup in OSC admin it says Sendmail is enabled. I looked up the Help file on the server and it says PNP pages need a special script to send Emails ... Below is a brief portion;

To send email from your PHP pages, use the following code. The first section is an example of how to send mail from your php page using one of your hosting accounts emails. In order for this to work properly, you will need to download the "PHPMailer Class" files from SourceForge. Edit the first section of the file as indicated below:

<?php$YourEmailAddress = '[email protected]'; //Email address you want the mail to go to$Yourname = 'My name'; //Who the email is sent from - this is a name not an email$MailUsername ='[email protected]'; //Email address you are using to send the email$MailPassword = 'EmailPassword'; //This is the password of the email account used to send the email$MailServer = 'smtp.yourdomainname.com'; //Assigned mail server$MailType = 'HTML'; // Can use HTML or TEXT -case doesn't matterrequire("class.phpmailer.php"); //Change this to the real path of the file - this assumes that the mail script//and the included files are in the same directory#----------------------- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE ------------------------------#

I've seen the need for that PHP Mailer dismissed in other postings.

Does anyone have any advice please,

Liam

I cannot seem to get the Email to work from within the shop or admin. If I select SMTP/CRLF I get this error

Warning: send(): Unable to access ../mailconfig/config.php in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(../mailconfig/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(): Unable to access ../mailconfig/config.php in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(../mailconfig/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(): Unable to access ../mailconfig/config.php in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Warning: send(../mailconfig/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524 Fatal error: send(): Failed opening required '../mailconfig/config.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in E:\USERS\perfexpress\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 524

If I select SENDMAIL/LF Emails show as having been sent successfully but they are not sent. I don't know what to do. It's a Windows Server (eNom) and on the server PNP lookup in OSC admin it says Sendmail is enabled. I looked up the Help file on the server and it says PNP pages need a special script to send Emails ... Below is a brief portion;

To send email from your PHP pages, use the following code. The first section is an example of how to send mail from your php page using one of your hosting accounts emails. In order for this to work properly, you will need to download the "PHPMailer Class" files from SourceForge. Edit the first section of the file as indicated below:

<?php$YourEmailAddress = '[email protected]'; //Email address you want the mail to go to$Yourname = 'My name'; //Who the email is sent from - this is a name not an email$MailUsername ='[email protected]'; //Email address you are using to send the email$MailPassword = 'EmailPassword'; //This is the password of the email account used to send the email$MailServer = 'smtp.yourdomainname.com'; //Assigned mail server$MailType = 'HTML'; // Can use HTML or TEXT -case doesn't matterrequire("class.phpmailer.php"); //Change this to the real path of the file - this assumes that the mail script//and the included files are in the same directory#----------------------- DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE ------------------------------#

I've seen the need for that PHP Mailer dismissed in other postings.

Does anyone have any advice please,

Liam

I would guess that you have osc installed on your pc.

What are you using (WAMP?).

>I would guess that you have osc installed on your pc. What are you using (WAMP?).<

Are there some OSC file I shouldn't have on my PC then, and pardon my ignorance but what is WAMP and why may I need it? It wasn't mentioned in the installation instructions.

Liam

>I would guess that you have osc installed on your pc. What are you using (WAMP?).<

Are there some OSC file I shouldn't have on my PC then, and pardon my ignorance but what is WAMP and why may I need it? It wasn't mentioned in the installation instructions.

Liam

What are you trying to do? Why are you trying to send from your pc? Do you have osc configured correctly?

If you would like to use the mail function on the local pc you would have to run also a smtp server, otherwise the script outputs an error.

I'm really confused now. The site with database is on the server, surely it won't work otherwise. I would like someone to explain in plain simple terms what I need to do.

Thanks

Liam

Have a look if this contribution can fix your mail problem. A lot of it is discussed here.

Thanks very much that looks like it might be the way to go! I'm going to tackle that next, but first I'd like to check that everything else is in order. I've moved stuff so many times I'm not sure how the folder/dir/file structure should look anymore. Is there a screen shot anywhere of how the remote directory setup and local dir setup should look on an ftp utility?

Thanks again for your help,

Liam

Archived