• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I Disable International Shipping and Orders

jow ga

Is there an easy to disable international shipping? and have it renabled later on down the road once I am ready to ship internationally. I already deleted the other languages, but I am still getting some orders internationally, and I charge a flat rate shipping, so I am loosing to much money in shipping cost when international orders get processed

I saw that I can delete the different shipping zones. but is there a way that I could just turn them all off?

TIA,

Tom

I had a similar issue/need some weeks ago, and found a few options -- (1) install the contrib that will let you disable countries (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3607), or (2) delete the international countries, or (3) Set the international shipping rate to something very high.

Option 1 involved modifying many files so I opted for option 2. I copied the 'countries' table using phpMyAdmin to keep a backup copy with all countries. Then using phpMyAdmin, I showed all countries in the original 'countries' table, checked off the ones I did not want, and deleted them. Later, I can copy the ones I want to add back, from the the backup table to the original.

Be aware though, that if any customers have already added an international country as a delivery address in their account, they would still be able to use it for an order.

Option 3 is to create a "Rest of the World" zone with all intenational countries and set the shipping rate for that to some really high value, like a million dollars. If anyone still places an order at that shipping rate, call me and I'll personally deliver it to them for that price. ;)

-Neil.

I had a similar issue/need some weeks ago, and found a few options -- (1) install the contrib that will let you disable countries (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3607), or (2) delete the international countries, or (3) Set the international shipping rate to something very high.

Option 1 involved modifying many files so I opted for option 2. I copied the 'countries' table using phpMyAdmin to keep a backup copy with all countries. Then using phpMyAdmin, I showed all countries in the original 'countries' table, checked off the ones I did not want, and deleted them. Later, I can copy the ones I want to add back, from the the backup table to the original.

Be aware though, that if any customers have already added an international country as a delivery address in their account, they would still be able to use it for an order.

Option 3 is to create a "Rest of the World" zone with all intenational countries and set the shipping rate for that to some really high value, like a million dollars. If anyone still places an order at that shipping rate, call me and I'll personally deliver it to them for that price. ;)

-Neil.

Very funny.

You could also set the shipping zones in the delivery methods to not say rest of the world (do not leave them blank).

Should I do the same for zones too.

Archived