• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation difficulties

Kroschet

I just recenetly got my website hosted. I followed the directions and setup a database. At step 2 I enter in my information and am given this error:

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I see that this seems to be a common problem with the install of osCommerce, or atleast it is for newer people to the database/mySQL. I have searched many other postings and they seem to go unanswered. Has anybody seen this before? Can anybody point the FNG in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Let me know if other information is required for the diag of my problem.

I just recenetly got my website hosted. I followed the directions and setup a database. At step 2 I enter in my information and am given this error:

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I see that this seems to be a common problem with the install of osCommerce, or atleast it is for newer people to the database/mySQL. I have searched many other postings and they seem to go unanswered. Has anybody seen this before? Can anybody point the FNG in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Let me know if other information is required for the diag of my problem.

Have you created the database to be used?

Have you created the database to be used?

Yes I have created the database and even called the host to verify the right information. They were unable to provide any reason why it wouldn't work

• 1 month later...

Same here. Is there a good solution to this?

Yes I have created the database and even called the host to verify the right information. They were unable to provide any reason why it wouldn't work

Archived