• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

compression options for database backup

RobertRoss

Hello -

I do not have any compression options (gzip, bz2, zip) available to me in my database backup; only "pure SQL". My hosting provider is 1and1, but they have been curiously hesitant to tell me whather or not the path to the gzip executable set in admin/includes/application_top.php is indeed the path to the gzip executable. (They keep pointing me to their tutorial on osC installation... Grrrrrr...) I am assuming that these options are not displayed because osC cannot find the executables at the specified path, but this is a loose assumption. I have a very cheap package w/ 1and1, and have no SSH access to the best of my knowledge, nor do I seem to have any FTP access deeper than the htdocs in my home directory on the server.

Does anyone have any ideas? Need I provide more config information here?

Thank you!

True to form, after spending about a week Googling the heck out of this issue, as *soon* as I posted something on this forum, I thought to myself "Hey, why not use the File Manager" on the Tools menu to see if I can get into the server's filesystem. Sure enough, I was able to find the zip executable and change my application_top. For those of you that might stumble upon this during a search, the "zip" and "unzip" executables are in /usr/bin/ and not /usr/local/bin

Archived