• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

LogoType is broken!

I tried to change my logo in the top box in my site, but got the following error (was working till now)

Warning: fopen(/home/xxxx/public_html/images/weeseal.gif) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 19

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 19

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/configuration.php on line 19

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/configuration.php:19) in /home/xxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

I changed some stuff in cpanel to chmod 755 / 750 to secure the site more but I may have caused this problem. The homepage text and footer are still editable, but not the LogoType in admin!

Anyone know what i've done wrong or how to fix it?

Go back and overwrite the page with your BACKUP.

Hint: If you are nervous about messing up the page by changing the images. Name your new image the same as the old one.

This is how I was able to rid the site of the oscommerce logo until I could isolate each page and correct my error.

Show us a page address so we can see the code and tell you what to do.

I hand-coded the image url in header.php to get it to display, so the page works - but i am unable to set the logo using admin panel after i spent some time tightening up all the 777 chmods to 755 in an attempt to make the site more secure, but must have prevented admin from changing the logo on home-page-settings.

I'm looking for someone to say which folder / files need chmod 777 for admin to change home page settings. It can still change main and footer panels, just not logotype!

The site is: http://www.easydirectshopping.com but you won't see my permissions there so it won't really help...

What file(s) does osc admin panel write to when saving main / footer and logo from "Homepage & Logo Settings" - thats what I need to find out.

I've inadvertently made something unwriteable but only for the logo setting.

Anyone know what admin/configuration.php writes to when saving the top logo image details? Is it public_html/includes/header.php?

Archived