• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Downloadable products

This is my first effort and I am not certain of how to do this. I sell downloadable products and,

1. I am not sure how to handle the download after adding to cart
  2. I would like to offer the product in different formats eg pdf, palm reader etc before adding to cart

Any help would be gratefully received.

If you're using the Download Controller v5.3 MOD, it's fairly easy. You have to upload your downloadable files to the download directory within your catalog (using some sort of FTP software, most likely). Then, create the products normally. Finally, you attach the proper file names through the Catalog: Product Attributes interface. There are options there to enter filename, expiry date, limit of downloads, etc.

I believe that you can use any format of file (PDF, Palm or whatever).

Upon completion of the purchase, a download link will appear at the bottom of the checkout_success.php page. A link will also appear within the customer's order (in their account history, accessible through the link they receive in their email invoice). Note that the download button won't appear if you have a bad filename. You can find help to potential problems with bad file names by scanning my post at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1067730

Best of luck,

gheffron :thumbsup:

Archived