• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving Hosting

martinstan

Hi

I'm considering moving my oscommerce site from one hosting company to another, including my domain name. I can't forsee any real issues regarding the actual site, 'look and feel'. In my mind its just a case of replacing the new install (with my new hosting company) with the current files(from my old hosting company). My big concern is moving the database. I regularly back this up, so I have an up to date copy but can anyone tell me how to go about importing this into PHP myadmin and getting my configure files to find it.

Thanks

martin

Assuming your database has been created on the new server, download it from the old server using phpmyadmin and then upload it on the new server using the same program. The confiugre files in the shop will have to be changed to match the new database since the login details will be different.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the new installation is created via an automated install with my new hosting company so this creates a new database on the new server.

So let me understand you. I should just be able to import the new database and simply change the login details here

// define our database connection

And all should be dandy?

Thanks

Martin

Archived