• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Configuration Problems - SMTP or Sendmail?

muncho

I've been trying to set up the email on my site for the last couple of days but am not sure where I'm going wrong.

I'm running a local install on my windows PC through WAMP5 - I'm not sure whether I should be using SMTP or Sendmail.

I read somewhere that if it's hosted on a Windows server then it needs to be SMTP and so I tried that but it still came back with errors.

Has anyone else had this problem or is there a definitive guide somewhere for setting up email?

Thanks

Matt.

This is the error message that I'm getting...

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 554 <dsl-217-155-90-94.zen.co.uk[217.155.90.94]>: Client host rejected: Access denied in C:\wamp\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php:522) in C:\wamp\www\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

This is the error message that I'm getting...

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 554 <dsl-217-155-90-94.zen.co.uk[217.155.90.94]>: Client host rejected: Access denied in C:\wamp\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 522

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\wamp\www\admin\includes\classes\email.php:522) in C:\wamp\www\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

And if you go to admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 522...

return mail($to, $subject, $this->output, 'From: '.$from.$this->lf.implode($this->lf, $this->headers).

Do I need to change something in here?

Archived