• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS Error: Unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping

roger001

Hi,

Please can someone help me?

I get this error from the UPS shipping module when users try to checkout:

We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown.

It seems every single other shipping module (except local pickup) is also failing - Could this be related?

I checked that the UPS settings in Admin area were correct.

Has anyone else run into such and issue.

Please can anyone help.

Would be appreciated, thanks! :)

check the shipping address details for sender store.If ok chek other configuration.

But if local pickup is working should be that Your shop address considered as senders address has something wrong.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

check the shipping address details for sender store.If ok chek other configuration.

But if local pickup is working should be that Your shop address considered as senders address has something wrong.

Satish Mantri

Thank you. I went the admin area Configuration --> My Store

And checked that the "Store Address & Phone" we correct.

Then I went to modules --> Shipping --> United Parcel Service

Here is the only information that can be entered/edited for the UPS module:

Enable UPS Shipping

True

UPS Pickup Method

OTP

UPS Packaging?

CP

UPS Residential Delivery?

RES

UPS Handling Fee

UPS Tax Class

GST Shipping class

UPS Shipping Zone

--none--

UPS Sort order of display.

UPS Shipping Methods

Nxt AM,Nxt AM Ltr,Nxt,Nxt Ltr,Nxt PR,Nxt Save,Nxt Save Ltr,2nd AM,2nd AM Ltr,2nd,2nd Ltr,3 Day Select,Ground,Canada,World Xp,World Xp Ltr, World Xp Plus,World Xp Plus Ltr,World Expedite

Thanks for any help!

• 9 months later...

Make sure there is a weight assigned to every product. Or at least that there is a Tare weight, set in Admin - Configuration - Shipping/Packaging. If you send a request to the UPS site with a total weight of zero, you will get the error message you got on the checkout_shipping page.

"We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown."

hello everyone ...... I've been on this issue since yesterday and I wanted to know if you could shed some light on the situation. When I installed oscommerce I had two options I could install the oscommerce....

example.com/catalog

or

example.com

I choose example.com (www.bobostinytreasures.com)

I am trying to make the uspxml contribution work and havent had success with it.

I put it in the directory catalog and when I went to shipping module I didnt see it. However when I put it in the includes and admin folder that are separate when you first log into the site it works partially.

I can see the ups module but when I click on it I get this message:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/content/b/o/b/bobostinytreas/html/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1011

When I go onto the website to see if it works I get this message:

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name

[TEP STOP]

I've run the configuration sql and ran install_upsxml.sql

Could you shed some light into what I might possibly be doing wrong.

Thanks.

Steward Dondi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Make sure there is a weight assigned to every product. Or at least that there is a Tare weight, set in Admin - Configuration - Shipping/Packaging. If you send a request to the UPS site with a total weight of zero, you will get the error message you got on the checkout_shipping page.

"We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown."

I have also found that in the same screen make sure the Postal Code is set. It seems redundant having both the Store Address set and the Postal Code but item weight AND Postal Code cleared the error for me.

• 7 months later...
The suggestion in the manual doesn't always fix the problem!

Especially when you don't explain what your problem is. The postings here deal with different errors.... As so often we are supposed to be psychic here...

The suggestion in the manual doesn't always fix the problem!

I read step 3, followed the instructions and still get the error!

Figured it out. After making the update in STEP 3, you have to go back into the module and update the options so the changes take. Problem solved.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello I am struck with a problem in UPS. My origin of country is UK, when I put zipcode: 12345 and origin of country:UK, it gives me error :

We are unable to obtain a rate quote for UPS shipping.

Please contact the store if no other alternative is shown.

Whenever I put the country of origin USA, it works,

The request url is :

accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=4&13_product=GNDRES&14_origCountry=GB&15_origPostal=12345&19_destPostal=HP193EQ&22_destCountry=GB&23_weight=3&47_rate_chart=Customer+Counter&48_container=00&49_residential=1<br/>UPSOnLine5%Unsupported country specified%6920

Can you please help me out?

Edited by ruma

• 4 years later...

I installed the UPS XML add on with no issues. I was able to get shipping quotes on the fly. Once I installed the dimensional support I started receiving errors. First, it takes nearly a full minute to load the checkout_shipping page (never had issues before - and all of the other pages on site load instantaneously). Also, once the page finally loads it does not generate any shipping quotes. Please see the attached screenshot for details.

post-327169-0-80299000-1397072791_thumb.png