• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Unable to save module configuration

andrewRSTO

Hi everyone!

I've got a completely fresh install of osCommerce (just downloaded) and I'm not able to save any module configuration options!

I can change and save options in the Configuration section in the admin tool, but any changes I make to any of the options on any of the modules (payment, shipping, whatever...) don't get saved. After pressing "Update" the configuration just goes back to what it was before.

There doesn't appear to be any error messages, and I've tried re-downloading and re-installing osCommerce but it hasn't make any difference. I've also checked that register_globals is on if that makes any difference.

Any ideas? :blink:

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I've got a completely fresh install of osCommerce (just downloaded) and I'm not able to save any module configuration options!

I can change and save options in the Configuration section in the admin tool, but any changes I make to any of the options on any of the modules (payment, shipping, whatever...) don't get saved. After pressing "Update" the configuration just goes back to what it was before.

There doesn't appear to be any error messages, and I've tried re-downloading and re-installing osCommerce but it hasn't make any difference. I've also checked that register_globals is on if that makes any difference.

Any ideas? :blink:

Thanks!

If this is a new installation of osC 060817, then you are experiencing the widely known "refresh bug" of the modules section which includes shipping, payment, etc.

There is a simple fix:

1. Open the catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

2. At the end of the “do_magic_quotes_gpc” routine, add the following code

reset($ar);

It will end up looking like this:

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
if (!is_array($ar)) return false;
while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
} else {
$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

If this is a new installation of osC 060817, then you are experiencing the widely known "refresh bug" of the modules section which includes shipping, payment, etc.

Bill,

Thank you so much for that! That seems to have fixed it - everything saves OK now.

Strange how I could manage to search so many times on this forum and not find any mention of this problem.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Archived