• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning on my front page

marekp

Hi Everyone,

I just started to run my web site and every thing was OK until I decided to add the Box Page.

I managed to add the box page but suddenly I got this warning on top of my front page:

Warning: include(includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cartridg/public_html/index.php on line 316

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cartridg/public_html/index.php on line 316

I didn't touch any upcoming products files.

The question is How to fix it and how can I find the line 316. Do I have to count from the top of the index.php file up to the line 316?

I don't know anything about programming.

Marek

It is because you are missing the define statement in includes/filenames.php. That needs to be added back in. But I would question why it is missing and what else might be missing. You may want to download the oscommerce package and compare that file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It is because you are missing the define statement in includes/filenames.php. That needs to be added back in. But I would question why it is missing and what else might be missing. You may want to download the oscommerce package and compare that file.

Jack

Thank you Jack,

I will try that.

Any suggestion how to find line 316?

Marek

Use a php editor. They mostly all have line counters. But that won't make a difference in this case since the define that is missing is being loaded from a different file. Line 316 will just be the code to load that other file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Use a php editor. They mostly all have line counters.

Jack

Jack's right about the error.

However, for future reference, if you don't have a php editor, all is not lost.

Notepad has a function that will place the cursor at the line number.

Just hit edit, Go To... and type in the line number.

Jack's right about the error.

However, for future reference, if you don't have a php editor, all is not lost.

Notepad has a function that will place the cursor at the line number.

Just hit edit, Go To... and type in the line number.

Thank for your advice but when I click the edit in the notepad the Go to is inactive so I can't enter the line number.

With the warning on my web site, it looks like the problem lies somewhere else.

I replaced the index.php in the /public_html/index.php with the index.php from installation file but it didn't make any difference. The warning is still there.

Any ideas how to fix this warning?

Thank for your advice but when I click the edit in the notepad the Go to is inactive so I can't enter the line number.

With the warning on my web site, it looks like the problem lies somewhere else.

I replaced the index.php in the /public_html/index.php with the index.php from installation file but it didn't make any difference. The warning is still there.

Any ideas how to fix this warning?

Undo your the Box Page changes.

Any suggestion how to find line 316?

Just a side note, usually in PHP an error on line 316 would actually be an error on line 315.

I don't know why this happens, but it's the first lesson in every PHP class.

As for editers, ConTEXT is a free editer. http://www.context.cx/, download and install.

Open the file in ConTEXT and all the lines will be numbered.

~eDee

PS. I noticed you said you don't know anything about programming. You may want to post what is on line 314, 315 and 316. One of use should be able to see the problem.

Ya, I'm a chick and I program! What of it?

Archived