• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help taking a look at my DB, why products aren't visible

i've just imported an inventory into my OSC db, converting the approopriate tables from an xls file - i was successful before doing this, but for some reason most items aren't appearing in the db. none in Admin area...

could someone take a peek at my dump file and maybe see what i'm overlooking? i'm sure it's a simple change...

i really appreciate it.

Glenn Nall

in fact, that's probably what it is - my client wanted her product_id to contain letters as well as numbers, so i changed it from int(11) to varchar(12) and had to remove the autoincrement to do so. i'm not very fluent with how mysql works, clearly.

what can i do to fix it? would you look at my dump for me?

maybe the auto increment field has not incremented the numbers - the relationship is broken?

there must be some way to recreate the table(s) with a new autoincrement field?

How many products do you have? It could be a huge gorilla to do that!

the thing is, she says that some of the products are appearing - ???

You can generate code that will insert a number, but you have to put that number into the corresponding products_descriptions table.

ok so either your insert timed out, or your data became corrupt. In any event, how many products are you inserting? what is the file size? these are big problems in most dumps and imports

Nothing unreal exists

i'm all good now - it wasn't the autoincrement - the parent_id in categories was '1' and it should be '0' - that turned them all on in Admin (they were already visible in different areas, just my client didn't see them all. i trusted her. :)

thanks for your help, K.

ok so either your insert timed out, or your data became corrupt. In any event, how many products are you inserting? what is the file size? these are big problems in most dumps and imports

Archived