• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What Are Requests?

In the header bar, at the bottom of the page, just above the footer text, on the right hand side, it says:

784 requests since Monday 02 April, 2007

What exactly are the requests? How is this number determined? Is it a hit counter? If so, I am sure there are very few hits other than myself and a few forum people and Voda Host techs trying to help me out at this point. If it is a hit counter, boy have I hit on my own site alot. LOL! Where would I edit this text?

http://chic-perfumefragrance.com/store/

Why would I want my customers to see how many times my site has been crawled, botted or spiderd by search engines? Can I delete that? How/Where?

yes it is a hit counter - it is counting the number of times you have been crawled, botted or spiderd

Why would I want my customers to see how many times my site has been crawled, botted or spiderd by search engines? Can I delete that? How/Where?
It counts the number of hits the site has. A hit is any loading of the page. Go to your site, note the value of the counter and click on some on some link to another page. Look at the counter again and it will have incremented. In years past, hit counters were a nice way of showing how popular a site was. But then people started pre-loading them and they because useless, for the most part. The code for the counter is in includes/footer.php.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived