• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

stylesheet, background changes

kewldude_3001

hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to do so i can have the following for my store. what i want is #4A4A4A for all the main backgrounds. #333333 for all table backgrounds, #FF9900 for all headers/titles and #FFFFFF for all the text.

or if someone is kind enough to make a stylesheet or something i would appreciate it!!!

Try the stylesheet contribution in my signature, Has descriptions of each stylesheet element and what they effect.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

thanks for the help, but how do i change the color of the corners????, like after i changed the color of the table header the corners stayed the same.

Hey, I know this one!

Go here: C:\oscommers\oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817\catalog\images\infobox (or where ever you have the infobox file on your PC.

You have to use a photo editor to change the colors.

Change: corner_left.gif, corner_right.gif and corner_right_left.gif – to the same color as your header bars. I call them header bars.

I made copies of the files and called them soemthing like corner_leftORG.gif, then just changed the original file corner_left.gif, that way you don't have to change any actuall code.

Then upload the files to your site. Make sure you put them into the www.yoursite.com/catalog/images/infobox folder.

~eDee

PS I'd love to see your site, it may give me some ideas - if you don't mind.

Ya, I'm a chick and I program! What of it?

i tried doing that already but mine just looks black :(

my site is http://kumarsbookstore.com/oscommerce/catalog/

Your site looks great!

How did you get your logo to go all the way across like that?

Also, how did you changed the stuff in middle column? Where the “What’s New” is?

Your site is black – are you trying to change the “headerNavigation” and the “headerInfo” or are you trying to change the gray pieces on the sides that are not black.

orthis.jpg

Now if I could just get rid of those horrid icons to the right of my logo!

Can anyone explain this to me in English - my Techie is not so good.

~eDee

KeeperBay.com

Now if I could just get rid of those horrid icons to the right of my logo!

Can anyone explain this to me in English - my Techie is not so good.

~eDee

KeeperBay.com

Hey I did it, I got rid of the horrid icons!!

Let's party!

~e

i edited index.php under catalog i believe to edit the main page, yea im trying to change the corner left and right pieces but when i use my photshop and fill that piece with the background color it looks black, dunno, if its something wrong with my paintshop or not.

also how can i make it display my products, for instance if its may, and i havent added any products, i still want a certain number of my inventory to show up on the main page.

and my banner is big like that b/c the font size for it is like 70

i edited index.php under catalog i believe to edit the main page, yea im trying to change the corner left and right pieces but when i use my photshop and fill that piece with the background color it looks black, dunno, if its something wrong with my paintshop or not.

also how can i make it display my products, for instance if its may, and i havent added any products, i still want a certain number of my inventory to show up on the main page.

and my banner is big like that b/c the font size for it is like 70

If I'm reading this right, you went into index.php and changed the names of the images to reflect the names of the new images you created in paintshop.

mmmmmm, I didn't edit any code (and I just used paint).

I changed the images, but I left the images the original names. That way I didn't have to change any code.

I think if you go back to index.php and change the image names back to corner_left.gif, corner_right.gif and corner_right_left.gif - Then take the images you changed to black and rename them corner_left.gif, corner_right.gif and corner_right_left.gif. Then up load them to www.yourdomainname.com/catalog/images/infobox - everything will fall into place.

The program will see the original file names and look for the original files, the program doesn't care if the images have changed, it's just looking for the file names. And this way you wouldn't have to worry about changing code anywhere.

Do you see where I'm going? I babble!

~eDee

also how do u change the scroll bar, arrows, lane....

Ahhhh, I don't know.

Is it something I changed on my site? OR can you post an image with arrows pointing to what you want to change?

I just peeked at your site again, it looks great.

~eDee

i placed the following code inside the BODY tag:

scrollbar-arrow-color: #FDB006;

scrollbar-highlight-color: #8B8B8B;

scrollbar-3dlight-color: #5F5F5F;

scrollbar-face-color: #2F2F2F;

scrollbar-shadow-color: #5F5F5F;

scrollbar-dark-shadow-color: #5F5F5F;

scrollbar-track-color: #616161;

why didnt this work????

what option do i needd to change so during the checkout process where you get to select your shipping option and payment method, i want to change the over color when you move the mouse over the options and the color once you select a certain option. i tried something but it didnt change it

what option do i needd to change so during the checkout process where you get to select your shipping option and payment method, i want to change the over color when you move the mouse over the options and the color once you select a certain option. i tried something but it didnt change it

The first questions is the the documentation that came with the program. I don't remember where, I just remember reading it.

As for the mouseover and such, I could probably do it, but you need someone a lot more experienced than me to explain how.

I’d have to fool around with it for a week.

Mouse over is javascript, but I'm not sure where to or how to place it.

Try a new thread, I'm sure someone will know how.

Sorry,

eDee

Quote] i want to change the over color when you move the mouse over the options and the color once you select a certain option. i tried something but it didnt change it

You need to create a new style in the stylesheet and assign it to the table where you want the hover color to change.

The selected color change would need to be done with code. ( if else statements )

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Archived