• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

DESPERATE 4 HELP with shopping cart setup

blueantz

I'm trying to setup my ecommerce website. I've looked through most of these forums trying to find some sort of step-by-step guidelines. There were some responses, but none of them ever really described the process.

What I'm looking for, hopefully, is for someone to list a step-by-step procedure of how to add just 1 product to my website. This step-by-step procedure should include the process, soup-to-nuts. Things I'm looking for include:

1. how to add product to cart w/ "add to cart" button

2. is there any sort of linking that these buttons should point to?

3. do I need to modify any of the php files?

etc, etc, etc

If I can figure out how to add just 1 product and test it successfully by being able to make an order, I'll have no problems with the rest of my setup. Just need a little guidance with the first one. I know that there are others with this same issue and I will publish this step-by-step procedure if some gurus can help me out. Thank you for reading. :thumbsup:

- Go to admin->Catalog

- Click on a category twice to enter it

- Click on new product, fill in the details and click on preview

- Click on Insert

The product should show up in your shop all ready to use.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

So you want to redo what the documentation has in it already.

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...ool/Catalog/147

The boxes at the top are not there because he liked the colors and wanted random words at the top of his forums. He even saved you a mouse click by making them expand when you mouse over them. 6 mouse clicks and your at the info you want.

So you want to redo what the documentation has in it already.

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...ool/Catalog/147

The boxes at the top are not there because he liked the colors and wanted random words at the top of his forums. He even saved you a mouse click by making them expand when you mouse over them. 6 mouse clicks and your at the info you want.

I don't understand what you are saying or who you are saying it to. But I think the op is using an MS2 shop so showing a link to an MS3 one will probably just cause confusion.

JAck

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't understand what you are saying or who you are saying it to. But I think the op is using an MS2 shop so showing a link to an MS3 one will probably just cause confusion.

JAck

Your right Jack the last time I looked it still had 2.2 info there. My bad. I hope that that means 3 is getting close. I was not saying it to you Jack. Your abilities far exceid what I have. What he wanted to write after being told how to do it used to be there. I will have to look I might have downloaded the 2.2 version.

Archived