• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trying to editing front page text

L.B.girl

I have a web site that I created in Front page and the Catalog was in bcentral. Becentral is dropping there program. I am not educated in computer language, but have been making money in spite of myself. My hosting company up loaded oscommerce for me. I have been able to figure out most of the catolog, but when I try to change the text on the front page I get a error. I went to File Manager

/web/osc//includes/languages/english and on the top of the page it said: Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /web/osc//includes/languages/english/index.php.

I don't know what they what. I am thinking that this is over my head. If it helps here is my web site that is running now. www.costumesbypartyprops.com

I hope I am using the right terms and explaining myself, thank you in advance for any help.

l.b.girl

I have a web site that I created in Front page and the Catalog was in bcentral. Becentral is dropping there program. I am not educated in computer language, but have been making money in spite of myself. My hosting company up loaded oscommerce for me. I have been able to figure out most of the catolog, but when I try to change the text on the front page I get a error. I went to File Manager

/web/osc//includes/languages/english and on the top of the page it said: Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /web/osc//includes/languages/english/index.php.

I don't know what they what. I am thinking that this is over my head. If it helps here is my web site that is running now. www.costumesbypartyprops.com

I hope I am using the right terms and explaining myself, thank you in advance for any help.

l.b.girl

http://www.oscommerce.info/

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/I...nd_Upgrades/224

Permissions can be changed in file manager.

Archived