• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Country Sensoring

Resident Geek

Due to current laws in the US, it is illegal for our business to sell to certain countries. Is there a way to prevent sales to these countries without inhibiting our ability to sell to others? I've already done multiple searches, but couldn't find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance. :thumbsup:

there are contributions about it to control your payment and shipping countries/states. So you can have full control over create account, checkout payment and checkout shipping.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3607

you may not want to delete countries because you may end up with past customer accounts registered in non-existing countries in your store. And you may also want to allow people to create accounts in your store from other countries.

Delete the countries you want to exclude from the countries table in the database. That way they won't appear as an option.

^^^^

Worked for me. When I first started I had orders from all over the globe and many with no possible way to ship... others I just doubted their authenticity.

You can always add them back later.

Archived