• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I'm stumped at step 1 of install

rdwoodme

I've downloaded osCommerce, unzipped and used ftp to upload to my website on ipowerweb. I had previously used their install, but realized it was an older version, so I'm reloading it. After I upload the osc the installation istructions say to go to www.xxxxxxx.com/osCommerce and it should bring up the Welcome screen and I can start the customization. When I go there, it gives me an explorer looking screen with the files and directories in osCommerce directory. PLEASE HELP.

go to www.xxxxxxx.com/osCommerce/install/install.php

Thanks for that part. I had gotten past it by using the admin area in ipowerweb.

BUT, now I've gone into the configuration area and when I went thru the logging part, I now get an error:

Warning: error_log(/page_parse_time.log) [function.error-log]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/rdwoodme/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

I created a file in /catalog/ called page_parse_time.log as a txt file and renamed it as .log -- is this my problem? what should the permissions be, I set to 777.

Archived