• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving databases from one site to another

moo22

Hello everyone

How easy and what is the procedure of moving the product database from one site to another if you are selling the same products?

Say for example, I had one site and wanted to make a duplicate site selling the same products. How do you go about this?

Thanks in advance

Download all folders/files form the existing site and upload to the new site. Create a new database for the new site. Download a backup of the existing site's database and import it into the new (blank) database using phpMyAdmin. Then edit the two configure.php files for the new site manually. Now the new site is installed.

Vger

Thanks, I think I am currently trying to import the database from the old site. I have downloaded it and the problem that seems to occur now is the size of the existing database, which is 3.83Mb. There seems to be a capped limit on the file size you can update. Is there any way to overcome this?

Download all folders/files form the existing site and upload to the new site. Create a new database for the new site. Download a backup of the existing site's database and import it into the new (blank) database using phpMyAdmin. Then edit the two configure.php files for the new site manually. Now the new site is installed.

Vger

Archived