• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing "Required Fields" form account create. Almost there, could really use some expert help.

loosboogie

Background. I am giving away free digital products on my site. I do not want the customers to have to fill in anything but name and e-mail address. And, yes I have thoroughly checked forums for any answers. I don't see where any one has attempted what I am trying to do....

I am trying to remove requirements for address, phone number, country etc. I have removed checking of address in create_account.php. I have commented out the required fields in create_account.php for the billing fields. I have commented out the required functions in the catalog and admin general.php files. I have turned of the required field checking in includes/form_check.js.php. My only problem now is the warning message that shows up in the Order confirmation page billing address box:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /mnt/w0202/d15/s10/b02a14a8/www/mysite.info/store/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

I am looking for help on disabling the call to the database for this information.

Otherwise, it is working good for me. I eventually want to put in e-books with a cost. that is why I want I am using OSC (overkill for what I am doing currently) .

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

• 4 months later...
Background. I am giving away free digital products on my site. I do not want the customers to have to fill in anything but name and e-mail address. And, yes I have thoroughly checked forums for any answers. I don't see where any one has attempted what I am trying to do....

I am trying to remove requirements for address, phone number, country etc. I have removed checking of address in create_account.php. I have commented out the required fields in create_account.php for the billing fields. I have commented out the required functions in the catalog and admin general.php files. I have turned of the required field checking in includes/form_check.js.php. My only problem now is the warning message that shows up in the Order confirmation page billing address box:

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /mnt/w0202/d15/s10/b02a14a8/www/mysite.info/store/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

I am looking for help on disabling the call to the database for this information.

Otherwise, it is working good for me. I eventually want to put in e-books with a cost. that is why I want I am using OSC (overkill for what I am doing currently) .

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Have you figured this out. I am trying to do the same thing. i get the same error message.

If anyone have a clue please post.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I added this and now some screens have the required fields removed and others dont

eg. i removed the postcode ...so i set it to false under my admin tools.

Postcode field no longer exists on my account create which is correct but if i go into edit my account address details postcode is required here?

Also if i want to change the delivery address or payment address on check out it is still required here.

Looking at the download these files where updated but i cant see why they arent working

Anyone any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Went and dl the above link...oh my gosh. Scary stuff. So, lemme get this straight before I do anything.

the edits are already done, all we need to do is copy them/overwrite them over the existing files?

Also, in re: SQL to run (phpMyAdmin):

How the heck do I do that? Do I insert this code? Do I replace some code with it? I have just gotten my store to where it is semioperational..and am soooo afraid to screw it up, however, I am desperate to get rid of most of those fields.

Anyone wanna give me some support?

Thanks,

Michelle

• 1 year later...

Archived