• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Backupfile is to big, HEEELP!

zchlomo

In the OSC admin panel my last database backup was on 7,8 MB's. Now when i try to backup thru the admin panel i just get a regular "the page could not load" screen in Internet Explorer, and the new backup has only stored 4-5 MB's of data.. wich I know ain't the whole database since it shows 7,8 on the backup before this one.

I've also tried the myphpadmin panel to export the database, but when I do this the database file only gets 2,25 MB wich I also know can't be the complete database, again.. since the last backup shows 7,8 MB's in OSC admin panel.

How the flying f*** do I get a complete backup thru the myphpadmin panel..? Can myphpadmin be limited to not make larger exports than 2,25 MB's? Or does the OSC Admin panel backup more than just the complete database?

This is going to be a seriously BIG problem for many people, as the databases get larger.. 9 out of 10 companies that loses their costumer data for good becomes bankrupt...

I've tried using compression in the osc admin panel, but it seems like it times out there aswell.. is there any way to make it not time out?

if all else fails, call your hosting company and tell them the issue and see what they can do.

I've tried using compression in the osc admin panel, but it seems like it times out there aswell.. is there any way to make it not time out?

You can try to telnet/ssh into your mysql server and do a mysqldump. Should be able to tell the actual size of your DB.

Try exporting up from phpmyadmin - I have noticed that the 'backup' function times out a lot - phpmyadmin will let you export and compress using gzip or what ever type is available. Try that first.

Also, tidus is right - ssh you can mysqldump which should work - other than that you have to get your hosting company involved

Nothing unreal exists

Archived