• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add to cart not working

dean0088

Everything seems to function properly, however when I click add to cart it goes to the shopping cart page, but it says your cart is empty.

I do not get any error messages.

Any ideas?

Dean

goto your osc admin->configuration->sessions make sure the force cookie use is set to false. Then go to the catalog click a link to go to a product check if the address bar of your browser includes the osCsid parameter. Make a note of its value. Add a product to the cart and check if the osCsid remains the same. This could be a problem with the sessions (which may point to your includes/configure.php) or if you're using hard-coded links that may also cause it.

You can post a link to a product if this store is online so we can see what's going on.

probably session is getting lost.

Check on session id.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

goto your osc admin->configuration->sessions make sure the force cookie use is set to false. Then go to the catalog click a link to go to a product check if the address bar of your browser includes the osCsid parameter. Make a note of its value. Add a product to the cart and check if the osCsid remains the same. This could be a problem with the sessions (which may point to your includes/configure.php) or if you're using hard-coded links that may also cause it.

You can post a link to a product if this store is online so we can see what's going on.

Thanks for your help, I tried what you suggested and do not see and changes.

Here is the link

www.cartridgetogo.com

Dean

Thanks for your help, I tried what you suggested and do not see and changes.

Here is the link

www.cartridgetogo.com

Dean

yea, ok now, go to your includes\configure.php change the code

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

to this:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and goto your osc admin->configuration->sessions->session directory and specify a valid directory outside your www domain like

/home/my_root/tmp

this is an example the path must be valid

Archived