• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Configuration not saving

judge

Could I call on the collective might of osCommerce to assist me with this problem I'm having.

This is my second store and I have configured both the built-in PayPal and the Offical PayPal IPN module successfully on the previous store.

Unfortunately it will not play ball on the second store. They are installed on the same shared server albeit under different domains.

The first store didn't use SSL but we did (following osCommerce's advice) install it under SSL on the second (though in debugging the problem we have disabled this currently.

I've checked that I have set the privs on the post-installation as per install guide.

I can see both modules in the payment module list and I can 'install' and 'remove' both modules. I can enter configuration options in both using the 'edit' option but when I click the update button all details are removed and and no settings are perpetuated in the system.

I am at a loss, please oh gurus of the code enlighten me.

Cracked it!!

A bit more searching and I found the answer right here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251673#

A known bug with servers using PHP5

Oh and I discovered my two sites do not use the same server one is running PHP4 (which worked) and the new 'un is running PHP5

I'll get good at this stuff eventually!!