• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What If I Don't Want Customers To Buy?

MindTattoos

Hi All,

I need my 'shop' to be able to give customers the 'option' of getting a 'price quote' for additonal services rather than making a product purchase... is this possible with OC - if yes where do I start?

Is there a module or something I can add?

I have good web design skills (HTML, XHTML, CSS etc - But I am new to PHP :rolleyes: )

The site I am building will be for selling T shirt printing/embroidery services. The problem is, on the net, most customers prefer to get a price for comparission rather than buy instantly (although I would like to offer the chance to buy at source (the site) if they want).

Sadly at the moment I have limited funds for the project as it is a start-up and I can't afford to get a bespoke solution built elsewhere (and I am experiences in web design and like to get my hands dirty anyway!)

So any help much appreciated.

Has anyone else built a shop that does the same thing using OC?

Once I have built my 'template site' for this type of service/shop I intend to compile a FREE guide for future users on how I did it as my way of contributing to this community - any help will be acknowleged.

I am also a freelance graphic designer - so I will hopefully be adding some nice graphics to the community as soon as I have this project completed!!

Hello,

Not sure if any of the following will help you, but it dont hurt to look.

Here is an admin random quote not sure if it will do what you want it to do.

Might be something Here for you

Not sure if this will help you but if you know what your doing you may be able to reprogram this mod into what you want Requeat for shipping quote

Hello,

Not sure if any of the following will help you, but it dont hurt to look.

Here is an admin random quote not sure if it will do what you want it to do.

Might be something Here for you

Not sure if this will help you but if you know what your doing you may be able to reprogram this mod into what you want Requeat for shipping quote

Hmmm.... I will investigate these further and see if I can tweak them. You're right it don't hurt to look.

Thanx for the help. I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm still open to other suggestions though folks! :thumbsup:

Chris,

If I understand you correctly...you could comment out the buy button...then then they can't

add the product to their shopping cart.

I hope this helps

Roma

dittone.com

Thanks for the response - I kinda thought along the same line originally - but I want the customer to be able to add everthing together and then get a final price... and still have an option to buy the t shirts

A typical customers order could be something like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 x red shirts. size: medium printed front and back (mens)

5 x blue shirts. size: large printed front and back (mens)

3 x white shirts. size: medium printed front (ladies)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess I would need to set all the variables and then they can go to the 'cart' page to get the price....

The solution may be as simple as changing the BUTTONS to say 'get quote' instead of Buy and producing a seperate version of the site for sales... this seems a HEAVY task intense solution to the problem though.

Any ideas? Anyone?

:blink:

You could also try THIS and THIS

These are useful if you need to give your customers different prices based on the quantity they order

There are a few mods for wholesale. Some mods have really weird names so the best thing to do is type in the searchbar any keywords that fit your purpose.

Good Luck :)

Archived