• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal IPN Module v2.2 For 2.2MS2

Brunswick

I'm probably a little thick, but as I'm trying to figure out where to extract the package to I run across the instruction:

"1. Copy the files in the directory structure set in the contribution download file to your osCommerce installation directory inc. the new /ext/ folder."

I'm not sure what that means. Do I just dump the wole package into the "Catalog" folder or into "Admin" or into...? What does "inc. the new /ext/ folder" mean?

Help! :'(

In the contribution package you will see a folder named "catalog". Keep clicking through each subsequent folder you will find two files named "paypal_ipn.php". You need to upload the two different paypal_ipn.php files into their corresponding folders, on your server. They will be:

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

Plus any other language you use. For example

catalog/includes/languages/espanol/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

You also need to upload the complete "ext" directory, into your catalog directory. If you can't upload folders, you need to create that directory structure that is within "ext" and upload the ipn.php file into it. So it will be:

catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

That is all assuming your store is served from the catalog directory. If you have re-named it, substitute "catalog" for your new name. If you have your store in the root directory, forget the catalog references altogether.

Oops!

Followed your instructions to the letter (I think) and everything went smoothly... until I went to Payment Modules and attempted to install. Then I got the following (rather nasty) message:

"1406 - Data too long for column 'configuration_description' at row 1

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Force shipping address?', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_SHIPPING', 'False', 'If TRUE the address details for the PayPal Seller Protection Policy are sent but customers without a PayPal account must re-enter their details. If set to FALSE order is not eligible for Seller Protection but customers without acount will have their address fiels pre-populated.', '6', '4', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())

[TEP STOP]"

Any ideas what went wrong? :huh:

-Hank

configuration_description is limited to 255 characters so all that text won't fit in. It should just get truncated and be done with so I don't think it is a problem. If the error message has gone and it is working, I wouldn't worry.

I'm not sure how to find the answer to this so I'll post it here.

I've got the paypal module installed (correctly I hope). The instructions list all kinds of configuration settings under various headings. Unfortunately as you can see from the screen shot below, only one of the boxes is labeled which makes me wonder where you fill in the rest of the items.

pay_mod.jpg

Is this how it is supposed to look, or should there be labels on all the boxes?

Help!

-Hank :huh:

Is this how it is supposed to look, or should there be labels on all the boxes?

Help!

-Hank :huh:

Nah!!! Just put what you like in where you want it :D

Yeah, there are supposed to be labels. It seems the process stopped when it threw a wobbly with all that text. Uninstall it and re-install it again, from admin I mean, don't delete the files. If it does the same again, we'll work round it.

Archived