• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Adwords - Possible Malice???

muhsinb

I setup google adwords lastnight with a daily budget of £10. It went fine and i made decent profit throughout the day. I checked around 5pm GMT when i got home from work and i was close to my £10 budget (about £8 to be precise), so i increased the daily budget to £15. Went to the gym for a couple of ours, i came back and i noticed i had gone over my limit of £15 by 21 pence. I couldn't believe it to be true...surely some kind of malice had gone on.

So i got onto awstats and checked the IP Addresses and the number of pages hit. Most IP Addresses hit anything between 1-8 pages, however there was one IP Address, which stood out with 56 pages hit at about 6:30PM GMT!

Is there anything i can do, because i believe this person is out there to bring my business down.

Look forward to everyone elses thought.

Cheers

I setup google adwords lastnight with a daily budget of £10. It went fine and i made decent profit throughout the day. I checked around 5pm GMT when i got home from work and i was close to my £10 budget (about £8 to be precise), so i increased the daily budget to £15. Went to the gym for a couple of ours, i came back and i noticed i had gone over my limit of £15 by 21 pence. I couldn't believe it to be true...surely some kind of malice had gone on.

So i got onto awstats and checked the IP Addresses and the number of pages hit. Most IP Addresses hit anything between 1-8 pages, however there was one IP Address, which stood out with 56 pages hit at about 6:30PM GMT!

Is there anything i can do, because i believe this person is out there to bring my business down.

Look forward to everyone elses thought.

Cheers

As far I know these ads are basically client-side scripts. This means anyone can download the html source of your pages and hit your store from various ips generating bogus results. And you can have a very hard time convincing google that is not legit traffic. Needless to say this is the same for all other scripts like google analytics etc.

will be safer to find a way to run server-side scripts for marketing purposes

As far I know these ads are basically client-side scripts. This means anyone can download the html source of your pages and hit your store from various ips generating bogus results. And you can have a very hard time convincing google that is not legit traffic. Needless to say this is the same for all other scripts like google analytics etc.

will be safer to find a way to run server-side scripts for marketing purposes

Hi enigma...how would i do this?

I don't know it is not oscommerce dependent. An affiliate approach would be far more effective where whoever provides the exposure gets a percentage from the final sale.

Archived