• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL Syntax Errors?

aharzand

The admin console is giving me SQL syntax errors when I attempt to access manufacturers, reviews, specials, products expected, banner manager, and newsletter manager. I also get the same syntax errors from the front end. I read some of the previous posts that seem to relate to this and it was recommended that we upgrade to the latest version but I'm already running 2.2 MS 2 (unless by latest version you are referring to one of the alpha versions). This is what the errors look like generally:

For Manufacturers:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name, manufacturers_image, date_added, last_modified from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name limit -20, 20

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm worried about doing that since I'm using a template and have made revisions which I don't want to lose. Can I just follow the last step in the bug fix and have that fix the problem?

the bug fix documented with the 2nd link is also included with the latest osc update. The update includes several fixes. If you report that it means you don't have the latest updates/fixes and so you're at risk especially with the security related ones.

What you do at the end is up to you really.

Archived