• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sub-description in shopping cart?

njgpeck

I am looking for a way to add a sub-description of an item to the shopping cart. Not the whole description, but just specific text for each item.

We have a invitation kit as an item. One kit may contain 42 envelopes and inserts and another may only contain 15. I would like to be able to add a sub-description to each item that would say "Contains: 42 envelopes....", etc. and then have this info show up in the shopping cart under the name. It wouldn't necessarily need to show up on the product_info page but would save some repetitive typing.

From what I understand this would require adding a new field in the database.

Thanks for your help.

there are contributions that can help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3123

go with v1.00 (17 Apr 2005) it's much simpler, unless you need multilingual support. After installation you need have to modify the shopping_cart.php page or class to retrieve the short description field and display it.

You could also use the product extra fields if you need multiple fields and it's more work integrating it.

there are contributions that can help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3123

go with v1.00 (17 Apr 2005) it's much simpler, unless you need multilingual support. After installation you need have to modify the shopping_cart.php page or class to retrieve the short description field and display it.

You could also use the product extra fields if you need multiple fields and it's more work integrating it.

Okay, I've got the v1.00 up and running, but that doesn't add the short_desc to the shopping cart and invoice. Can you point me in the right direction on where to find how to add that to the shopping cart? Thanks again for your help!

Nic

Archived