• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No CSS at all

harveyjh

Just completed a new install and cannot get any CSS to display. I've read through the forums and have narrowed down the problem to the includes/configure file which is displayed below but still can't get the thing to work. Please somebody help.

By the way, I've had to include the full address in most of the lines just to get things like the images to display. Entering the full address for the HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAINS /PATH lines makes no difference either.

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.fourteenmedia.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://www.fourteenmedia.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'fourteenmedia.com/catalog');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'fourteenmedia.com/catalog');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', 'fourteenmedia.com/catalog');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', 'fourteenmedia.com/catalog');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', 'www.fourteenmedia.com/catalog');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', 'www.fourteenmedia.com/catalog');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'http://www.fourteenmedia.com/catalog/images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

CSS doesn't display. It is used to control the display. So I don't know what you mean when you say it won't display. But in your confiugre file, these

should be

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

CSS doesn't display. It is used to control the display. So I don't know what you mean when you say it won't display. But in your confiugre file, these

should be

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

Jack

Thanks for replying. I meant that there is no formatting in the site. The CSS isn't being applied so no fonts, bg colour etc etc.

You can have a look yourself at www.fourteenmedia.com/catalog. (To preempt an idea here the original css file is still in it's original place and no files have been moved or modified other than the configure files. So unless the path is wrong in the oscommerce package I doubt it will be a path to the css file issue. Hope that makes sense?)

Also, if I follow your instruction 'define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/') then the images aren't displayed either. As you will see if you go to the site at the moment. The only way around this is to include the full path as in my original code (n.b. this may be of note to others who can't get the images to display).

Any other ideas you may have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Thanks for replying. I meant that there is no formatting in the site. The CSS isn't being applied so no fonts, bg colour etc etc.

You can have a look yourself at www.fourteenmedia.com/catalog. (To preempt an idea here the original css file is still in it's original place and no files have been moved or modified other than the configure files. So unless the path is wrong in the oscommerce package I doubt it will be a path to the css file issue. Hope that makes sense?)

Also, if I follow your instruction 'define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/') then the images aren't displayed either. As you will see if you go to the site at the moment. The only way around this is to include the full path as in my original code (n.b. this may be of note to others who can't get the images to display).

Any other ideas you may have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

The tag for including the stylesheet.css is in your Index php around line 44

looks like <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

You need to make sure that it is called the same and in the correct location. It should reside in the top directory.

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

The tag for including the stylesheet.css is in your Index php around line 44

looks like <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

You need to make sure that it is called the same and in the correct location. It should reside in the top directory.

Nic

You absolute star. Although the style sheet was correctly named and in the right folder it still refused to work unless I added catalog/stylesheet.css to the href link. Don't ask me why. Similarly, the DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/' in the catalog/includes/configure.php wont display images unless you add catalog/images to that also.

Thanks for solving this issue. Now onto the ten other major issues like why every link on the home page is broken and wont lead to another page.

God this is painful.

You absolute star. Although the style sheet was correctly named and in the right folder it still refused to work unless I added catalog/stylesheet.css to the href link. Don't ask me why. Similarly, the DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/' in the catalog/includes/configure.php wont display images unless you add catalog/images to that also.

Thanks for solving this issue. Now onto the ten other major issues like why every link on the home page is broken and wont lead to another page.

God this is painful.

You will feel many times like throwing you PC from the nearest window!

Glad to help :-)

[/url]

My Contributions

You will feel many times like throwing you PC from the nearest window!

Glad to help :-)

You need to add a trailing / to your config files

thats why your links are broken.

[/url]

My Contributions

You need to add a trailing / to your config files

thats why your links are broken.

I added the trailing / and all the links worked except it knocked out css and images again. So everything I said above was complete rubbish about adding catalog to the /stylesheet and /images. As soon as I removed catalog from the stylesheet link and the configure page /images link it all worked like a dream. All I had to do in the first place was add a simple / to the 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', 'catalog/');

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Either way, many thanks all.

I added the trailing / and all the links worked except it knocked out css and images again. So everything I said above was complete rubbish about adding catalog to the /stylesheet and /images. As soon as I removed catalog from the stylesheet link and the configure page /images link it all worked like a dream. All I had to do in the first place was add a simple / to the 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', 'catalog/');

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Either way, many thanks all.

You will feel better after a cry, its good for you :D

[/url]

My Contributions

God this is painful.

The catalog/inages/ is correct. I just meant to remove the url portion, which is incorrect (unless it is actaully a directory).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived