• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stuck straight away on currencies!

7stars

HI

First day of setting up site and I'm stuck on the currencies! I've deleted the dollar which unfortunatley I won't be needing as I won't be worldwide, just the UK. I can't seem to set the currency value?

I get the message below? To be honest I don't think I'll need the euro but I'd better keep it - Thanks!

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Euro (EUR) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error: The exchange rate for Euro (EUR) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for UK Pound (GB) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error: The exchange rate for UK Pound (GB) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

To Put GBP In

Us

Title : Pound Sterlin

Code : GBP

Symbol Right : ignore

Decimal Point : .

Thosand Point : ,

Decimal Places : 2

Value : 1.00000000

its probally easier to choose 1 currency ! and if users pay via paypal or credit card it converts it ! saves you messing around ;)

Thanks for your help, very much apprectiated!! now have

Title: Pound Sterling

Code: GBP

Symbol Left: £

Symbol Right: ignore

Decimal Point: .

Thousands Point: ,

Decimal Places: 2

Last Updated:

Value: 1.00000000

Example Output:

30 = £30.00ignore

I still get this message when I update currencies, do I need to do the update?

Warning: The primary exchange rate server (oanda) failed for Pound Sterling (GBP) - trying the secondary exchange rate server.

Error: The exchange rate for Pound Sterling (GBP) was not updated via xe. Is it a valid currency code?

I also can't put in a price for less than a pound in my catalogue, if I tried to put in for eg 65p it will either have £1 or £65 or 0? I can't see what I'm doing wrong, just trying a few test things!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived