• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP Permissions on a V-Ded

HeyItsCory

The guy I'm working with in Russia on this project tells me that I need to enable Register_Globals on my v-ded server. I have Plesk Control Panel, which has been useful, but I don't know how to fix this. It's enabled in the PHP.ini, but as you can see from this phpinfo.php. It didn't work.

http://208.109.221.105/phpinfo.php

How do I change this?

The guy I'm working with in Russia on this project tells me that I need to enable Register_Globals on my v-ded server. I have Plesk Control Panel, which has been useful, but I don't know how to fix this. It's enabled in the PHP.ini, but as you can see from this phpinfo.php. It didn't work.

http://208.109.221.105/phpinfo.php

How do I change this?

Did you stop/start the server to make the change to the php.ini take effect?

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

I've reset the Apache a couple times. Nothing changed.

instead of trying to override the server settings you should install the register globals module to make your store comply with the server requirements.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2097

I would do that, but we're using CRE Loaded which won't have that kind of patch until the summer. I will make sure the site doesn't need register_globals then before PHP6 comes out.

I would do that, but we're using CRE Loaded which won't have that kind of patch until the summer. I will make sure the site doesn't need register_globals then before PHP6 comes out.

I have seen sometimes that Apache needs a full re-boot of the server. Are you sending a kill to the server via command line, or are you using a GUI interface

Worse comes to worse, I would restart all related services

Can you make any change in the ini that reflects on the phpinfo() page?

Other than that, reboot the whole server.

Without seeing your production environment I'm stabbing in the dark as to why your TTL is slow.

Oh yeah - if things are on virtual hosts, are you sure you have edited you local ini file? You may have edited the wrong file? Is this shared hosting or private network?

Nothing unreal exists

then why not asking in the cre forum about it?

I have seen sometimes that Apache needs a full re-boot of the server. Are you sending a kill to the server via command line, or are you using a GUI interface

Worse comes to worse, I would restart all related services

Can you make any change in the ini that reflects on the phpinfo() page?

Other than that, reboot the whole server.

Without seeing your production environment I'm stabbing in the dark as to why your TTL is slow.

Oh yeah - if things are on virtual hosts, are you sure you have edited you local ini file? You may have edited the wrong file? Is this shared hosting or private network?

I will continue restarting all the services I can. I did a server reboot as well. I'm using a GUI (Plesk Control Panel) to kill the server.

How do I edit the local INI file? What directory on the server might it be in? The hosting is on a V-Ded through GoDaddy.

I will continue restarting all the services I can. I did a server reboot as well. I'm using a GUI (Plesk Control Panel) to kill the server.

How do I edit the local INI file? What directory on the server might it be in? The hosting is on a V-Ded through GoDaddy.

You just said it all there - go-daddy may have to change your ini for you

On shared linux hosting, there are local ini files you get to edit, so there is one master php.ini file on their server, than a file you get to edit.

It'll be on the root of your hosted site. Honestly I don't think you are doing anything wrong

send a ticket to go-daddy. This will be the fastest way to resolve your problem.

Nothing unreal exists

You just said it all there - go-daddy may have to change your ini for you

On shared linux hosting, there are local ini files you get to edit, so there is one master php.ini file on their server, than a file you get to edit.

It'll be on the root of your hosted site. Honestly I don't think you are doing anything wrong

send a ticket to go-daddy. This will be the fastest way to resolve your problem.

Okay, so you're saying there is no way I can change it myself? If that's the case, I'll get them on the phone. Every time I've had a question about Plesk and Migration from my old hosting they kept trying to upsell me on a $150 a month tech support plan. If only they can change it, then I will press them to do so on their dime.

Okay, so you're saying there is no way I can change it myself? If that's the case, I'll get them on the phone. Every time I've had a question about Plesk and Migration from my old hosting they kept trying to upsell me on a $150 a month tech support plan. If only they can change it, then I will press them to do so on their dime.

All I'm saying is that anytime I have dealt with anything from go-daddy it has been a huge pain in the a$$

I hate that hosting company - they are useless

Nothing unreal exists

All I'm saying is that anytime I have dealt with anything from go-daddy it has been a huge pain in the a$$

I hate that hosting company - they are useless

They tried to sell me a $99 plan this time. They were no help though, they said I should be able to set permissions on my own.

They tried to sell me a $99 plan this time. They were no help though, they said I should be able to set permissions on my own.

Okay - so, what i would suggest is using their ftp to get a local copy of your ini on your home machine (a backup), delete the ini file on their server (should be in the root directory) and see if that crashes everything.

If it does, then you know you are at least affecting the site.

Make appropriate changes, then ftp back up (you should not be writing over anything) also, be aware that there are different ways to ftp to their servers, I think you need to use binary on the upload, but it may default to ASCII which may or may not work - sorry so many gotchas with go-daddy.

Also, this may be because go-daddy has a terrible time to live - I have seen changes take literally hours.

Honestly, if you can get to someone else to do your hosting, do it - I would give suggestions, however I do not believe that's appropriate for the boards.

Sorry this is so complicated, I'll put money if you shelled out the money, magically everything would be fixed! You never kow, you may make a change suddenly and magically everything will be ok!

Nothing unreal exists

Archived