• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Borders on New Products Images

xolite

Hello all,

would anyone have any ideas how to get past the image wrapper found in /includes/html_output.php, i am trying to add css borders or border="1" however since the images are controlled globally, it naturally borders every single image. I am trying to put a border around "New Products" on the index only. And for the life of me, i cannot figure out a way except an entire re-write of new_products.

If anyone has a easier solution, i would love to hear it.

Cheers!

Hello all,

would anyone have any ideas how to get past the image wrapper found in /includes/html_output.php, i am trying to add css borders or border="1" however since the images are controlled globally, it naturally borders every single image. I am trying to put a border around "New Products" on the index only. And for the life of me, i cannot figure out a way except an entire re-write of new_products.

If anyone has a easier solution, i would love to hear it.

Cheers!

You are going to have to re-write the new_products.php to suit your needs - I put borders on by adding a new css class and adding a new table in the output.

This is just an example of my output from the array

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => '',
									   'params' => '',
									   'text' =>'
<td>
<table class="newProductsBox" height="140" width="230"><tr><td>
<td width="12" align="center" valign="top"></td>
<td align="center" valign="top"><br>'. $theImgLink .'
<td width="120" valign="top">
<table width="100%" height="112px"  border="0" cellpadding="4">
  <tr>
	<td align="left" valign="top"><span class="newProductsBoxA">' . $new_products['products_name'] .'</span><br>
  <span class="newProductsBoxB">Item Number ' . $new_products['products_id'] . '</span><br>
  <h2 class="newProductsBoxP">' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])) .'</h2>
  '. $theLink .'
  </tr>
</table></td>
  </td></tr></table>
</td>
');

Hopefully that helps you get the concept, span tags rock - now the only thing this does not do is make it just for the index page, your will have to add a referring url clause to an if statement to evaluate if it is coming on the write page or not.

Nothing unreal exists

You are going to have to re-write the new_products.php to suit your needs - I put borders on by adding a new css class and adding a new table in the output.

Way over the top dude. The tep_image function takes an optional fifth parameter. Just add your border in here wherever the function is called. The bit below is from /modules/new_products.php. THe bold red bit is the bit of code I added to get a 2px solid red border on all my new product images:

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',

'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'style="border:2px solid red;"') . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

Archived