• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help ! Help ! Help ! Please help

ShoppingMantra

Dear All,

Very said I'm if anyone is there who can helpme out in this. By mistake I've deleted my MYSQL database which was too heavy in MB. I have a back of this but its not getting restored becouse its too big to be restored. I'm writing to my host and trying to callink them since last two days but nothing is happening, they are not answering. Please help me out.

I do not know too much about programming, designing . Please help me out in this.

Feeling help less by taking a hosting service like a provider www.dvirtech.com . noon is answering to our quiried and knowone is available on the phone lines, sent a lot of message thru voice mail but no reply till time.

Please help me out.

When I try to restore the database I'm gertting the error that restore file is too heavy.

Please do it for me.

Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blush: :huh:

Dear All,

Very said I'm if anyone is there who can helpme out in this. By mistake I've deleted my MYSQL database which was too heavy in MB. I have a back of this but its not getting restored becouse its too big to be restored. I'm writing to my host and trying to callink them since last two days but nothing is happening, they are not answering. Please help me out.

I do not know too much about programming, designing . Please help me out in this.

Feeling help less by taking a hosting service like a provider www.dvirtech.com . noon is answering to our quiried and knowone is available on the phone lines, sent a lot of message thru voice mail but no reply till time.

Please help me out.

When I try to restore the database I'm gertting the error that restore file is too heavy.

Please do it for me.

Please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:blush: :huh:

Are you trying to use phpMyAdmin to upload your MySQL database in one go, via Import?

If so then you would probably need to chop up your database file into many parts and import each one separately.

This is because there is usually a time limit on PHP scripts (usually about 30 seconds max) and phpMyAdmin is just a PHP script itself.

If you can access the MySQL database directly, then it may be possible to upload the database without the timeout problem.

Perhaps you can give more details about your situation and explain exactly what you are trying to do in more detail, e.g. using Microsoft webserver or Apache, for example. What format is your database backup in?

Are you trying to use phpMyAdmin to upload your MySQL database in one go, via Import?

If so then you would probably need to chop up your database file into many parts and import each one separately.

This is because there is usually a time limit on PHP scripts (usually about 30 seconds max) and phpMyAdmin is just a PHP script itself.

If you can access the MySQL database directly, then it may be possible to upload the database without the timeout problem.

Perhaps you can give more details about your situation and explain exactly what you are trying to do in more detail, e.g. using Microsoft webserver or Apache, for example. What format is your database backup in?

Thanks Andy,

Yes I'm trying to do it from PHP my admin. Its not giving the error of timeout but its saying that the backup file is too heavy. I tried to do it from Admin section also but the same error was comming. But if Idevide in parts then is there not any risk ? Please tell me. File format is .tar

How can I access the SQL database directly, don't know how to do it. Pleasase help if you can.

Don't know that which server I'm using but it might be Apache.

Please help more in this

Hi Vger,

Don't know what is the SSH. Please tell me how to get the access of this.

SSH is a secure way of working on the actual computer running the web server or database, as though you're working on your own PC. You get a command line window on to the remote UNIX/Linux platform rather like using the old DOS command line window on Microsoft Windows. It's secure, because transmissions (text you type and results you see on screen) to and from your PC to the remote computer are encrypted using a similar method to that used by secure web server SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.

It depends what sort of hosting account you have with your ISP as to whether you have SSH access or not. In general if there are several types of hosting account to choose from, it is the more expensive ones that come with SSH access.

You say you have a .tar file containing the backed up database? This probably indicates that your host is Linux with an Apache web server rather than Microsoft hosting. A .tar file is simply a single file that contains one or more other files packed in it. It's allows easier transfer of files and directory structures because many files can be packed in a single tar file, transferred, then unpacked again somewhere else. Large tar files are normally compressed to save space and transmission time, but then their extension would usually be .tar.gz or .tgz rather than just .tar.

Anyway, a first step to helping you is finding out what you actually have. Look at your account paperwork or help files to see what sort of hosting you have. Do you have SSH access for example? Then explain here what is in your .tar file (does it contain a single file for example)? If you're using a UNIX machine the command to see would be something like:

tar tvf nameofyourtarfile.tar

Can you tell us how big your database backup is in Megabytes (or bytes or K) as that may affect the advice you'd get on how best to restore it.

If you don't know the answers to questions like what sort of hosting do you have? How do I transfer a file to your web server? What is in your database file? then I'd suggest it may be the best course of action to find someone locally to you to help you face to face if that is at all possible.

SSH is a secure way of working on the actual computer running the web server or database, as though you're working on your own PC. You get a command line window on to the remote UNIX/Linux platform rather like using the old DOS command line window on Microsoft Windows. It's secure, because transmissions (text you type and results you see on screen) to and from your PC to the remote computer are encrypted using a similar method to that used by secure web server SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.

It depends what sort of hosting account you have with your ISP as to whether you have SSH access or not. In general if there are several types of hosting account to choose from, it is the more expensive ones that come with SSH access.

You say you have a .tar file containing the backed up database? This probably indicates that your host is Linux with an Apache web server rather than Microsoft hosting. A .tar file is simply a single file that contains one or more other files packed in it. It's allows easier transfer of files and directory structures because many files can be packed in a single tar file, transferred, then unpacked again somewhere else. Large tar files are normally compressed to save space and transmission time, but then their extension would usually be .tar.gz or .tgz rather than just .tar.

Anyway, a first step to helping you is finding out what you actually have. Look at your account paperwork or help files to see what sort of hosting you have. Do you have SSH access for example? Then explain here what is in your .tar file (does it contain a single file for example)? If you're using a UNIX machine the command to see would be something like:

tar tvf nameofyourtarfile.tar

Can you tell us how big your database backup is in Megabytes (or bytes or K) as that may affect the advice you'd get on how best to restore it.

If you don't know the answers to questions like what sort of hosting do you have? How do I transfer a file to your web server? What is in your database file? then I'd suggest it may be the best course of action to find someone locally to you to help you face to face if that is at all possible.

Hi Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I don't know wheter I have SSH access or not. Please tell me how to do it. If please you are able to do it for me then please tellme I can give you the access to my Admin and FTP both. My hoting company told me that they have restore the database on my site but I don't believe on this becouse the data are s old and my customers are calling me again and again. Theey are not able to track their order and they are not able to get logged in. Please help me and tell me how to do this now.

Thanks

Hi Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I don't know wheter I have SSH access or not. Please tell me how to do it. If please you are able to do it for me then please tellme I can give you the access to my Admin and FTP both. My hoting company told me that they have restore the database on my site but I don't believe on this becouse the data are s old and my customers are calling me again and again. Theey are not able to track their order and they are not able to get logged in. Please help me and tell me how to do this now.

Thanks

Hi,

I gone through the help menu I believe that I do not have the SSH connectivity. Below are some more details about the hosting type please go through and tell me

Operating system Linux

Service Status Click to View

Kernel version 2.4.21-47.0.1.ELsmp

Machine Type i686

Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)

PERL version 5.8.7

Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl

Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

Installed Perl Modules Click to View

PHP version 4.4.2

MySQL version 4.0.27-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-CURRENT 8800

Please tell me how to do it or if you can draw some time for me then please tell me.

Thanks

Hi,

I gone through the help menu I believe that I do not have the SSH connectivity. Below are some more details about the hosting type please go through and tell me...

...Please tell me how to do it or if you can draw some time for me then please tell me.

Thanks

Sorry to hear you still have problems.

OK, you've got a Linux hosting account. The above information does not say if you have SSH or not.

You say your account is with www.dvirtech.com from an earlier post. This is a company based in the USA.

Looking at their website doesn't help much - the most helpful page I could find was /HostingPlans.htm but that does not say about SSH either. They look expensive to me!

I assume from other posts that the shop site with the database problem is shoppingmantra.com?

If so, this shop seems to be working, except for a missing image or two. Are you saying that the database it is using is out-of-date and you want to replace it with a database you have saved as a backup?

What is the size of your database backup?

Is your backup stored as just a plain .tar file?

What is the full name of the database backup file?

Archived