• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP5 and MySQL5 out of range error

ryanbehrman

I've installed oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 and I run PHP Version 5.1.4 and MySQL Version 5.0.24.

MySQL 5.x doesn't allow empty strings inserted into integer fields. osCommerce inserts empty strings into integer fields e.g. in Admin->Catalog->Categories/Products, setting Manufacturer="none" results in an error

"Out of range value adjusted for column 'manufacturers_id' at row 1"

Is there a contribution or update that fixes this problem in osCommerce on a global basis?

I've installed oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817 and I run PHP Version 5.1.4 and MySQL Version 5.0.24.

MySQL 5.x doesn't allow empty strings inserted into integer fields. osCommerce inserts empty strings into integer fields e.g. in Admin->Catalog->Categories/Products, setting Manufacturer="none" results in an error

Is there a contribution or update that fixes this problem in osCommerce on a global basis?

I think I may have found the solution. I have not yet performed the changes in update-20060817.txt. I didn't realise that this needs to be done ON TOP of installing oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.

Have I found the solution? Do I need to apply the changes in the document now?

I think I may have found the solution. I have not yet performed the changes in update-20060817.txt. I didn't realise that this needs to be done ON TOP of installing oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817.

Have I found the solution? Do I need to apply the changes in the document now?

This is not the fix. The MySQL 5 Compatibility changes have already been applied to this milestone. So the problem is elsewhere. Does anybody know the fix?

where this problem happens? with your local server or with the live site?

With my local server.

ok yes, make sure you setup the sql-mode as it is shown in jason's post. Because if it was a shared live server you would need to do plenty of mods.

Archived