• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using Existing Web Site

premde

I am new to osCommerce. I have an existing web site that utilizes "Add to Cart" and "View Cart" buttons with links to my current shopping cart service provider's web site. After products are added to the shopping cart the users clicks either the "Checkout" or "Continue Shopping" button. The Continue shopping button takes them back to my existing web site. All I need is basic shopping cart features without the need for osCommerce to support product images because they are already on my existing web site. Is that type of functionality possible with osCommerce?

Also, I would like to be able to upload a .csv file with product attributes. Is that possible?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Paul

Hi Paul

You do not need osC if your are happy with your current setup to run your online business. If you want to get rid of your existing shopping cart provider then osC could be of help. osC is a full functional online shop or shopping cart as some may prefer to call it, which is independent of third party services except payment services. If you want to build osC into your current website/pages, then that may be a bit of work although it is possible.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Archived