• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help on image missing

seriousbiz

:blink:

i am wondering if anyone could help me.

i just installed oscommerce in my yahoo server. everything looks okay.

However, when I am trying to create an category or a new product with picture. u always got the following error message "image does not exist" and "Warning: No file uploaded".

i did change the premission of /catalog/images/ to 777 thru FTP tool.

would anyone please advise??

here is my online-store:

http://ratingbase.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22

p.s. u can see the up-right corner the picture is missing.

it is highly highly appreciated if anyone can help me. Thanks!!

wilson

The missing image in your example is the category image for category id=22, the one for test1.

When you created that category, did you upload the image of your choice from your PC using the "Browse" button in the admin category creation back office area? Or did you just upload a database containing the test1 category?

It appears you need to go to catalog/admin (glad to see that's protected) and edit the category to upload an image from your PC. My guess is that if you inspect your database the categories_image field of category_id=22 will be empty. If you set that field to contain say "category22.jpg" and then ensure there's a suitable image at catalog/images/category22.jpg the missing image will then appear. That's what editing the category in the admin area should do for you if you're not creating your database off-line and uploading all your images via ftp in one go.

Your original post suggests that you are trying to upload an image from your PC and that perhaps that image upload isn't going correctly. Are you specifying a valid image on your PC?

Thank you very much for your reply!!

However, what i did is to upload the picture from my PC local disk through the brower (admin) directly. I was not importing any existing database.

also i am sure the image is valid. does it help if i remove protection of admin page? would it be helpful for you to try?

thanks again!!

look forward to hearing from you again,

The missing image in your example is the category image for category id=22, the one for test1.

When you created that category, did you upload the image of your choice from your PC using the "Browse" button in the admin category creation back office area? Or did you just upload a database containing the test1 category?

It appears you need to go to catalog/admin (glad to see that's protected) and edit the category to upload an image from your PC. My guess is that if you inspect your database the categories_image field of category_id=22 will be empty. If you set that field to contain say "category22.jpg" and then ensure there's a suitable image at catalog/images/category22.jpg the missing image will then appear. That's what editing the category in the admin area should do for you if you're not creating your database off-line and uploading all your images via ftp in one go.

Your original post suggests that you are trying to upload an image from your PC and that perhaps that image upload isn't going correctly. Are you specifying a valid image on your PC?

Archived