• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Deleting "Welcome Guest .... " on front page

simon-b

Anyone tell me how to remove the paragraph "Welcome Guest. If you are a returning customer, would you like to log yourself in? Or if you are a new customer, would you like to create an account?" on the home page? It's driving me mad. If I comment out the line in english.php thus:

//define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Welcome back <span class="greetUser">%s!</span> Would you like to see which <a href="%s"><u>new products</u></a> are available to purchase?');

//define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL_RELOGON', '<small>If you are not %s, please <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a> with your account information.</small>');

//define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser"></span> If you are a returning customer, would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or if you are a new customer, would you like to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

it gets rid of it but 'TEXT_GREETING_GUEST' remains on the page.

Thanks in advance.

words

I would try editting lines 984-992 in general.php

// Return a customer greeting

function tep_customer_greeting() {

global $customer_id, $customer_first_name;

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL, tep_output_string_protected($customer_first_name), tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));

} else {

$greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_GUEST, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'), tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

It's calling the greeting here: sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_GUEST, so that looks to be the area you need to play around with.

I would try editting lines 984-992 in general.php

// Return a customer greeting

function tep_customer_greeting() {

global $customer_id, $customer_first_name;

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_first_name') && tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL, tep_output_string_protected($customer_first_name), tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));

} else {

$greeting_string = sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_GUEST, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'), tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

It's calling the greeting here: sprintf(TEXT_GREETING_GUEST, so that looks to be the area you need to play around with.

Thanks Nick, got it sorted. Simon

Archived