• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"FLASH + OSCOMMERCE"

Ghawk

use the <object> and <embed> tags. Here's an example:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="888" height="166">

<param name="movie" value="images/flash_anim.swf" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />

<embed src="images/flash_anim.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="888" height="166" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

</object>

And keep using swf object - I use it on OSC

Where are you trying to place the flash again?

Oh yeah - take your caps off, it looks like your yelling

Nothing unreal exists

Sorry.. i forgot about the caps..... :-"

yeap.. i always use de swfobject... at the moment im planing to put de banner of the web in flash... in the head......... but ill change a lot of image of OSC..to flash animations... so i need some kind of a quick guide of how to do it.. whit any image on any place of the OSC... because im going to change almost everething....or at least .. thats what im planing to.....

thankxx for ur help!!!!

I use the STS Template system - use it it rocks - it will allow you much more fexibility in making site wide changes without a lot of modifying.

if you don't, on your pages you must add an external js file, just put the swfobject function into a .js file

in your head:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="js/functions.js"></script>

------

then on any page with that js file included, (this is much like the example on the swfobject site)

<div id="flashcontent00" class="leftFloatFlash">
	<strong>You need to upgrade your Flash Player</strong>
	This is replaced by the Flash content. 
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
	// <![CDATA[
	var so = new SWFObject("<?php echo DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/swf/navigation.swf'; ?>", "flashNav", "100%", "100%", "7", "#FFFFFF");
	//so.addVariable("flashVarText", "this is passed in via FlashVars for example only"); // this line is optional, but this example uses the variable and displays this text inside the flash movie
	so.addParam("quality", "high");
  		so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
	so.addParam("swliveconnect", "true");
	so.addParam("AllowScriptAccess", "sameDomain");		
	so.addParam("scale", "noscale");
	so.write("flashcontent00");
	// ]]>
</script>

I gave you the raw code, I mess around with this a lot - so hopefully since you are familiar with swfobject this makes sense to you! Just remember the div you make has to have the same name as the so.write("") statement

Hopefully that is not totally useless!

hey one more thing, remember to be careful on your bandwidth, flash uses a lot of it!

Nothing unreal exists

• 1 month later...

HI!! i did what you told me... and its not showing the flash...it shows the text that is in the div...... and the IE show me this error "SWFObject its not define".... any idea?????

Archived