• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Where is my Index.html file located?

HHHoagie

Can someone help me out with this question please? Just got osCommerce loaded up today. I was able to resolve my earlier issure but can't get to my catalog.

My catalog reisdes in my root director. When I'm in the admin screen I can't get to my catalog. I get this error.

"If you still can not see your site, delete the file "index.html" (the name of the file you are viewing). If you named your index file index.htm it is not being shown because index.html is searched for before index.htm, default.htm, index.php, index.phtml, etc.

Thanks Bob

index.php is the PHP/osCommerce file.

If you also have a file in the same area with index.htm or index.html etc your osCommerce index.php wont load.

index.php is the PHP/osCommerce file.

If you also have a file in the same area with index.htm or index.html etc your osCommerce index.php wont load.

Thanks for your response Babygurgles. Will that index.html file be found in the catalog folder... is that folder looked at first?

"If you still can not see your site, delete the file "index.html" (the name of the file you are viewing). If you named your index file index.htm it is not being shown because index.html is searched for before index.htm, default.htm, index.php, index.phtml, etc.

Thanks Bob

There can be an index or default file in any folder you choose. But when they are in the main folder, that is what the server looks for when accessing your site.

When you type in the URL of a web site, but do not specify an actual file name (eg http://yoursite.com/catalog/index.php, the server will look for a file named "index.html" in your main floder and will display it in your browser.

To view the other files in your main folder say "index.htm" you would have to type it's address into your browser

(www.yoursite.com/index.htm), because the server will automatically go to index.html.

If you are wanting to type in (www.yoursite.com) and go to osCommence, you can redirect to it.

If you left everything as is when you uploaded osCommerce, all your osCommerce files will be in a folder called "catalog" in your main folder. ( www.yoursite.com/catalog/)

Create a new blank page and add this code:

<HTML>

<body onload=setTimeout("location.href='http://www.yoursite.com/catalog/index.php'",10)>

</body>

</html>

Save the new page as index.html and upload it to your server to your main folder. Making sure to overwrite or delete the index.html that is now there. Now when index.html is found if will automatically redirect to index.php of osCommerce.

Thanks

Worldpar

Archived