• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contributions?

If I select a contribution and click on Add A File to this package does that mean a new folder will upload into my file manager or where? Also just where are these readme text files that are supposed to explain it all to me. Are they in a folder when I upload? Is the purpose to make the whole OScommerce program faster and easier to use. Right now it is taking me an entire day just to figure out 1 or 2 simple things. Today I updated my header image and the permissions on files and that's it. At this rate I might have a web site ready in about a year! I need a contribution that tells me how to set all the SEO HTML codes like <title>, <h1>, etc. I see absolutely no Oscommerce tutorials or knowledge base tutotials on SEO HTML!

Oh I know exactly how you feel! It looks like a fabulous program – if I could only get it going.

Hope you don’t mind if I tag a question on to yours, but I was wondering if there were any “MUST HAVES” in that Contributions section. Cool buttons, fabulous templates anything that will make people go WOW!

Did you find anything you liked? I didn't see any images, I don't know what to try.

Ya, I'm a chick and I program! What of it?

If I select a contribution and click on Add A File to this package does that mean a new folder will upload into my file manager or where?

If you select add a file you will be taken to another page telling you to fill out all the necessary information such as name, description and then then you have to upload the file. If you select add a file inside a contribution you will you will add an update to just that contribution (after you fill out the form)

Also just where are these readme text files that are supposed to explain it all to me. Are they in a folder when I upload? Is the purpose to make the whole OScommerce program faster and easier to use. Right now it is taking me an entire day just to figure out 1 or 2 simple things. Today I updated my header image and the permissions on files and that's it. At this rate I might have a web site ready in about a year!

Im not sure if your talking about readme for a contribution or the oscommerce code but oscommerce use html, php and sql. There is hundreds of tutorials on how to use those codes on the internet.

For example: W3Schools

I need a contribution that tells me how to set all the SEO HTML codes like <title>, <h1>, etc. I see absolutely no Oscommerce tutorials or knowledge base tutotials on SEO HTML!

I dont think h1 and codes like that is used on the original code, but theres contributions that will add such as h1. If im not wrong you can find it in header tag controller.

I was wondering if there were any “MUST HAVES” in that Contributions section. Cool buttons, fabulous templates anything that will make people go WOW!

Did you find anything you liked? I didn't see any images, I don't know what to try.

If you want a shop to be very good looking you will either have to install a lot of contributions, by a lot i mean over 50 or you could code it yourself.

Some stuff is more important then other things, if you ask me you should at least get:

SEO urls

Header tag controller

category_descriptions_v500

Some CSS menu (there is a quite a few to pick from)

Center shop

affiliate system

Graphical_Borders

Ajax buy now (If you add some code you can have ajax buy now and remove, so you dont even have to use the shopping_cart.php page)

AntiRobot Registration Validation

UltraPics

The list can go on for ages, its all up to how much time you want to spend making the shop unique and good looking.

Archived