• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cannot Install Help

DonJuan

I've installed Apache 2.2, My Sql 5.01, the SQL server is running and i created also a DB. I copied all the fils of os-commerce under the localhost apache server directory ( htdocs ). PHP 5.2.1 is running too. So i launch the install wizard with netscape 8.1.2 http://localhost/osc/catalog/install/index.php ( osc is the name i gived to the oscommerce directory, just changed ).

So the wizard starts, click to the left button to install a new online store.

Step 2 i check the boxes for the 1st installation etc. ,

Press continue and away to go to step 3, it reload always the step 2 page.

Any idea or suggestion ?

Thanks

DonJuan

So the wizard starts, click to the left button to install a new online store.

Step 2 i check the boxes for the 1st installation etc. ,

Press continue and away to go to step 3, it reload always the step 2 page.

If you read the first introduction page it says that osC will run under php 3 or 4.

If you are just trying to load Apache as a test and debug service for use on your own pc, I would suggest trying XAMPP. I use it on mine version 1.5.4a and it works great.

AND its free!

Lloyd

If you read the first introduction page it says that osC will run under php 3 or 4.

If you are just trying to load Apache as a test and debug service for use on your own pc, I would suggest trying XAMPP. I use it on mine version 1.5.4a and it works great.

AND its free!

I dont thinks this is the problem 'cause the PHP requirement is "from 4.0 to the latest version" or 4.0+ if you like.

I use Apache on my machine for development yes. Its free too and is the best e most used web server around the globe ! ;)

Anyway thanks for the hint. I'll try it but i dont think the problem is with the Apache itself ( maybe some configuration issue, but i dont know what ).

Bye

I dont thinks this is the problem 'cause the PHP requirement is "from 4.0 to the latest version" or 4.0+ if you like.

I use Apache on my machine for development yes. Its free too and is the best e most used web server around the globe ! ;)

Anyway thanks for the hint. I'll try it but i dont think the problem is with the Apache itself ( maybe some configuration issue, but i dont know what ).

Bye

Have a look at your php.ini file make sure the following is set

register_long_arrays = On

worked for me :rolleyes:

php5.2.0

mysql 5.0.26

apache2

SuSE10.2

and don't forget to restart the webserver after changing your php.ini file

Archived