• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oders and login

lu2000

I have installed OsCommerce locally on a Fedora Linux computer just for trying to get it work before we publish it on any publicly available server. First, it did never work with the Apache and MySQL servers that was installed with the OS, so I had to reintall those, + PHP and god knows what, separately to get all the versions right.

I manage to open somehow both 192.168.0.2/catalog/ and 192.168.0.2/catalog/admin. I also manage to register as a new customer, but here it stops. When I log in as the new customer and order something, it shows the shopping cart, but when I click checkout, then the browser jumps back to the login screen. When I open 192.168.0.2/catalog/admin and browse customers and orders, the customer is there but not the order. What can I do?

When trying other small PHP programs (not in OsCommerce, but on this same apache and MySQL server), I have also found that it is difficult or may be be impossible to create new users in MySQL or it least get anything to work for these. The only way to access a MySQL database from a PHP script on this server seems to be that you have to use root as the user without password!!! I have previously realized the same when programming Java servlets. Is there a way to get this fixed?

Archived