• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SWF problem

Charene

Hi,

Any assistance will be appreciated...

I have searched the forums, read through the contributions, but can not seem to find a solution to my problem.

On my localhost site the embedded flash works fine, but as soon as I upload it to my live website, it just takes forever to load, and nothing happens...

I have an OSCMAX website, with a template installed. The only difference between my localhost and live sites are

that the local one is php4, and the live one runs on php5.

I'm sure my main problem is a file not being linked properly. At this stage I have my swf. files in both my public_html folder, as well as in my /images folder - trying to get it linked properly...

My url is www.giftsinc.co.za. I have added the source code below, through admin, and using "define mainpage":

<meta http-equiv="" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

<p align="center"><!-- URL's used in the movie--><!-- text used in the movie--><!--Creating lasting Business relationships...Building your Brand !Building your Brand Inspiring Innovation Building your Brand Inspiring Innovation Making a Statement--><object id="Movie" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" height="100" width="600" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

<param value="movie.swf" name="movie"/>

<param value="high" name="quality"/>

<param value="#FFFFFF" name="bgcolor"/></object></p>

<p align="center"><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2">Gifts Inc. stands for  </font><em><font color="#000080" size="4"><b><font face="Mural Script" color="#800000">Creating Lasting Business Relationships…</font></b></font><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2">,</font></em><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2"><font color="#000080"> </font>both between our clients and ourselves, as well as between our clients and <em>their</em> clients.        <br/>

<br/>

Gifts Inc. has an enormous range of products, most of which are easily accessible through our website, and all of outstanding quality.  We stand behind everything we sell.        <br/>

<br/>

All products on our website are brandable to excellent standards.  We offer our clients the best advice regarding available branding options - from silkscreen printing, engraving, embossing to pad printing, etc.        <br/>

<br/>

All clients' needs are assessed individually.  We will find  the best possible product for every client, in order to convey their message in the most effective way.        <br/>

<br/>

We have the capacity to  deal with any quantities. On extremely large orders, lead time might be longer, depending on stock availability.        <br/>

<br/>

At Gifts Inc. we have an undying need to impress at all costs - both clients & <em>their</em> clients.     <br/>

</font></p>

<p align="center"><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2">When others say it's impossible, we roll up our sleeves…        </font></p>

<p align="center"><font color="#000080" size="2"> </font><br/>

<font color="#000080" size="5">

<script src="res://xpsp3res.dll/objectembed.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">var objectSource="Top%20Banner.swf"; </script>

We deliver countrywide! </font></p>

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Charene

Why is this tag in tha body section?

<meta http-equiv="" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>

That is not allowed. Remove it and see if that helps.

It could be any number of reasons. Is the path to the .swf correct? What browser are you using? Firefox doesn't like <object> tags - you need to use <embed>. Here is the code I use to embed a SWF on one of my OSC stores. Maybe use that and just apply our own values:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="888" height="160">

<param name="movie" value="images/flash_anim.swf" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />

<embed src="images/flash_anim.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="888" height="160" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

</object>

I was trying to add flash item to my homepage which would contain the script to embed it in Internet Explorer 7 so that it wouldnt need you to click it to activate.

What I did was exported my flash (swf and html files)

Placed these files n a folder on my site called 'flash'

Add the following code to my index.php file, in the site root where I wanted the flash content to be placed:

<tr>
	  	<td class="main"><?php require('flash/images.html'); ?>
	  </td>
</tr>

This fixed my problem and enabled me to have the flash embeded on my homepage for both firefox and Internet Explorer

You can view the result at:

fabStudio

If you need help with it let me know

Regards

Thanks Jason & Ashraf,

I appreciate your help, and will try this out.

Kind Regards,

Charene

Hi there - here is my two cents:

Go to: http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/

read through that first. It is the only way to fly with flash in my opinion, most other solutions are not a graceful. There is a EULA license agreement problem with IE, in IE it will make you click on the control to activate it - not professional at all.

Second, read this post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=257570

if you still have problems just post back!

Your problem is most likely has to with absolute and relative urls.

Nothing unreal exists

Sticky one, this... I have tried various options above, but still seem to have a problem...

I am posting my code that I currently have in Define Mainpage - through Admin:

<td valign="top" align="center" width="81"></td>

<object codebase="https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" height="100" width="550" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">

<param value="movie.swf" name="movie"/>

<param value="high" name="quality"/></object><span class="Title"><font color="#000080" size="2">

<p align="center"><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2">Gifts Inc. stands for  </font><em><font color="#000080" size="4"><b><font face="Mural Script" color="#800000">Creating Lasting Business Relationships…</font></b></font><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2">,</font></em><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2"><font color="#000080"> </font>both between our clients and ourselves, as well as between our clients and <em>their</em> clients.        <br/>

<br/>

Gifts Inc. has an enormous range of products, most of which are easily accessible through our website, and all of outstanding quality.  We stand behind everything we sell.        <br/>

<br/>

All products on our website are brandable to excellent standards.  We offer our clients the best advice regarding available branding options - from silkscreen printing, engraving, embossing to pad printing, etc.        <br/>

<br/>

All clients' needs are assessed individually.  We will find  the best possible product for every client, in order to convey their message in the most effective way.        <br/>

<br/>

We have the capacity to  deal with any quantities. On extremely large orders, lead time might be longer, depending on stock availability.        <br/>

<br/>

At Gifts Inc. we have an undying need to impress at all costs - both clients & <em>their</em> clients.     <br/>

</font></p>

<p align="center"><font face="Century Gothic" color="#000080" size="2">When others say it's impossible, we roll up our sleeves…        </font></p>

<p align="center"><font color="#000080" size="2"> </font><br/>

<font color="#000080" size="5">

<script src="res://xpsp3res.dll/objectembed.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">var objectSource="Top%20Banner.swf"; </script>

We deliver countrywide! </font></p>

</font><font color="#000080" size="5"></font></span>

My movie.swf file is in the public_html folder on my website.

1. Do I need to have any other files named movie.*** there as well, for example movie.html, etc - or just the .swf file?

2. Do I need to change or add code in any other files, apart from the Define Mainpage?

3. On my 'localhost' site, I just added the script to the Define Mainpage console, and added the .swf file to my root directory - and it is working 100%. I copied and pasted everything from there - but obviously missed something. Will the classid no. be different from the localhost to the www site?

4. Is there maybe something wrong with the code at the bottom, mentioning another .swf file?

5. Sometimes when I open my website now, I can actually right-click on the banner, and have options like zoom, etc. available, whereas before it just said something about the flash not loading, and "About flash..."

This is quite a mouthful, but just trying to think of any areas where I might be making my mistakes...

Thanks for your patience!

Charene

Thanks to everybody who did their best to help me. I have EVENTUALLY solved my problem. For everybody else who also battles, this might help you...

In my Admin/Tools/Define Mainpage I just added the following:

<embed src="Movie.swf" width="650" height="100" type="" autostart=""></embed>

after this:

<span class="Title"><font color="#000080" size=2>

to form this:

<span class="Title"><font color="#000080" size=2><embed src="Movie.swf" width="650" height="100" type="" autostart=""></embed>

and Voila!, my flash banner is finally appearing right on top of my mainpage section!

Hope this will help someone else - using your own values, for example name and sizes...

Charene

Charene

• 7 months later...
Hope this will help someone else - using your own values, for example name and sizes...

Charene

Hey Charene -

I really appreciate your willingness to be so helpful and provide the solution that you found! I am having the same issue and I have a question about what you wrote as your solution. This may be because we are using a different version of OSC, but when I route to Admin/Tools, my options are:

Database Backup

Banner Manager

Cache Control

Define Languages

File Manager

Send Email

Newsletter Manager

Server Info

Who's Online

How do I enable "define" or "define mainpage"?

Thanks,

Rich

I think that option is from an installed contribution.

You should use another avenue to edit (and I WOULDN'T use the osC File Manager).

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hi charlene, you originally posted twice that the name of your file was movie.swf. When you fixed the problem, your tag variable changed to Movie.swf. Unless you posted on this forum an incorrect typo, that is then the actual fix to the problem. Calling a movie file by name requires correct usage of upper and smaller case letters.

Glad you finally fixed it.

man of a reformed faith.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I have same problem with embeding a swf file in header.php

Now, Ihave this part of code, i tried to resolv in this way, reading on a forum:

"<tr>

<td><iframe allowTransparency="true" src="http://www.mysite.ro/images/movie.swf" width=100% height=183 frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling="no">

</iframe></td></tr></table>

"

In this case, everything it is ok, when you have flashplayer instaled. But with a computer without flash player installed, no succes,

and dosen't require flash p;layer, the browser.

How can i change, this part of code?

Thank you

Archived