• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

upsell contribution

aehageman

I am looking for an upsell contribution. Also known as cross sell.

An upsell is when you try to persuade a customer to buy a more expensive item or to buy a related additional product at a discount after they have added a particular item to the shopping cart. Most of the time this is done in the checkout after login.

http://www.engineercaps.com/catalog is the site I am building.

When someone purchases a CAP I want to offer a Whistle at a discount during checkout.

If they order a name train I want to offer a Whistle at a discount during checkout.

This is a default option in the MIVA site engineerhats.com. my average sale increased by $4 after I added the upsale of the whistle to the hat orders on engineerhats.

thank you.

• 1 year later...
Search for Optional Related Products.

Easy install, well documented and supported by Skittles.

The contribution you suggested is very nice. However, it does not offer a discount when a product is added to the cart. It suggests other products on the product page with no incentive to purchase.

This what I use on my alternate site using MIVA.

http://www.mivamerchant.com/products/merch...m5/key_mm5.html

Draw customers' attention to complementary products to help boost sales with related products. You can assign an unlimited number of related products.

Utilize the upsale feature to suggest a product at checkout, based on the order total, or on specific products in the order. Discounts may also be applied with an upsold product.

Order minimums enable you to require customers to meet a certain order total or product quantity amount. If not met, a custom message can be displayed to your customers.

Archived