• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Catalog Anywhere.. sorting product order

Am trying to use this contribution to show, on a forum side bar, the latest three products added to the shop. I have altered the SQL statement so where before it selected product-model, it now select products_date_added.

That bit is fine, the only problem is its showing the first 3 products added rather than the last three. I assumed I needed to put DESC in there somewhere but have tried putting before the close quotes (e.g. three different places) and all the permutations of this and its just not happening. Below is the code which shows the "wrong" order, any help with how to change would be appreciated.

// create SQL statement
$sqlcount = "SELECT * FROM `products` ORDER BY 'products_date_added'";
$sql = "SELECT * FROM `products` ORDER BY 'products_date_added' LIMIT $pl, $num_products";

I have assumed that this is the part which needs altering but I could easily be wrong :-)

• 9 months later...