• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS won't appear in Admin->Modules section when files uploaded

Okay,

I am having trouble getting the STS 4.4 to show as an active link under the Admin->Modules area. After reading the STS4.4 Installation and following all the steps for an OsCommerce MS 2.2 Clean Install, I was unable to get the STS to become visible. I uploaded all the files (ftp) to the 2 different web hosting accounts...I was advised to look through each of the modified files to verify the changes were manually made. However, there are no changes to be made...everything outlined under the Admin side and Catalog side is currently present and accounted for. This is weird. I can't see to get beyond this hurdle time and time again...after numerous attempts...the STS never shows up in the admin->modules. What could be wrong. There are no error messages with OScommerce..its as if nothing was done.

Note: I got this working on my local laptop PC (using WAMP5).

Can anyone offer support for installation of the STS v4 module. I really need to get beyond this point. I have configured it on my local system with no problem. I can't understand why Oscommerce install on my webhosts accounts aren't enabling the STS module. I've done what the instructions say and still no STS link is appearing.

I've coded and developed way harder stuff than this. Anyone.

Can anyone offer support for installation of the STS v4 module. I really need to get beyond this point. I have configured it on my local system with no problem. I can't understand why Oscommerce install on my webhosts accounts aren't enabling the STS module. I've done what the instructions say and still no STS link is appearing.

I've coded and developed way harder stuff than this. Anyone.

Russell,

This is not a STS issue but rather a configuration issue. Check the paths for your document root in your configure.php files.

For more information, see the following post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173776

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I tried the advice in the link above and it didn't work. Here are my settings...

(1)

In catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/iseekbar/public_html/shop'); // where the pages are located on the server

* removal of any existing trailing (/) right??

(2)

In catalog/includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.iseekbargains.com');

* removal of any preceding http://

originally.. for (2) it was iseekbargains.com (without the www).

results: No change ...no error messages...no STS link seen under admin->modules

I changed it to that. Is there something else I can try.

To help rule out this being a STS issue (as well as possibly solving your problem), use a file compare utility sucy as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to compare ALL of your stores files with the files in the STS contribution. This will insure that you have all of the code in all of the right places within your shop.

Also, compare your stores files with a stock 060817 osCommerce release to be sure you do not have a configure.php file located in a wrong folder that is over-riding the settings of the correct configure.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Did you happen to figure out this problem? I'm experiencing the same thing. I followed the recommended thread above and used WinMerge, to no avail. The STS link is listed as a module, but when I click on it nothing happens. I have installed STS 4.5 into a fresh install 2.2MS2. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Did you happen to figure out this problem? I'm experiencing the same thing. I followed the recommended thread above and used WinMerge, to no avail. The STS link is listed as a module, but when I click on it nothing happens. I have installed STS 4.5 into a fresh install 2.2MS2. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

If this is a new installation of osC 060817, then you are experiencing the widely known "refresh bug" of the modules section which includes shipping, payment, etc.

There is a simple fix:

1. Open the catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

2. At the end of the “do_magic_quotes_gpc” routine, add the following code

reset($ar);

It will end up looking like this:

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
if (!is_array($ar)) return false;
while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
} else {
$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Okay, so I've tried an entire fresh install of OSC, uploaded all the files in the STS v4.5.zip, and now the STS module isn't listed under the Modules at all.

Anyone?

I would get a different FTP Client software. It appears you are not getting all of the files uploaded correctly. This is a very simple installation so you may be having issues that are not even related to STS such as the bad FTP upload. Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill - Thanks for the replies. I added the code above and tried uploading the files again using WS_FTP Pro instead of Dreamweaver, which I used previously. Still not showing up.

Bill - Thanks for the replies. I added the code above and tried uploading the files again using WS_FTP Pro instead of Dreamweaver, which I used previously. Still not showing up.

Hey gtowle and bkellum,

I never got it working either. I tried STS v4.5.1 as well as v4.4 as well as v4.2 and even an old version. Neither the hint on the trailing slashes or the refresh ($ar) helped. Oh yeah...i was using WS-FTP PRO from the start. As for beyond compare, I tried that too and everything is in it's recommended place and all the changes were made. No differences found in local and remote files.

I hate to go there...but thinking it was a problem with my host arachnonet (possibly missing an extension).. I googled OScomerce webhosts and created an extra hosting account with siteground (claiming to be the #1 oscommerce hosting company) only to find myself in the exact same issue with them. Yeah we are apparently using the same MS 2.2 version and same STS's, doing the same modifications and yet we get different results.

How can this be?

Another thing to mention. During the Fantastico OScommerce installation (during new install process)

the default installation is 'domain.com/catalog' as opposed to 'www.domain.com/catalog'

Is this a potention issue for STS. When i install as 'domain.com/catalog' ...both configure.php match this. Could the sts modules in someway have a preference?

This is really frustrating considering it worked with WAMP5(v1.6.4) locally on WinXP (and for the record..i did not need to modify anything with it..just copied the files over to the folders as is)

Russell, All I can say is that this is not a STS issue.

It is a configuration issue in either or both of your configure.php files. Get your osCommerce default store working properly first (make sure you can make changes to the default modules), then install STS.

Follow the instructions listed in the Quick Install Guide:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162231

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Russell, All I can say is that this is not a STS issue.

It is a configuration issue in either or both of your configure.php files. Get your osCommerce default store working properly first (make sure you can make changes to the default modules), then install STS.

Follow the instructions listed in the Quick Install Guide:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162231

Bill, I understand....My cart works fine from a functionality standpoint (i haven't tried any other 3rd party modules but I don't need any at this point)...i have had no issues with uploading images and modifying items from the Admin. Your point about making sure there were no other hidden configure.php files nested was good tip..thanks..but i didn't find any of those. I've found someone and will pay them to get STS installed then have him walk me through what he did to get STS visible and enabled. Then I'll duplicate his efforts. It's gonna be interesting if he can't get it going. I'll pay him $25 upfront via paypal. I need it working! I've got STS all moded up and working like a champ on my WAMP.

Russell,

zip your catalog to a folder on your server and then send me the link via billkellumATsoundsgoodproDOTcom and I will check your files for you.

I had a client that experienced the same issue and it turned out she was missing some of the STS files from the contribution as well as placing some of the STS code in the wrong places.

-Bill Kellum

Bill, I understand....My cart works fine from a functionality standpoint (i haven't tried any other 3rd party modules but I don't need any at this point)...i have had no issues with uploading images and modifying items from the Admin. Your point about making sure there were no other hidden configure.php files nested was good tip..thanks..but i didn't find any of those. I've found someone and will pay them to get STS installed then have him walk me through what he did to get STS visible and enabled. Then I'll duplicate his efforts. It's gonna be interesting if he can't get it going. I'll pay him $25 upfront via paypal. I need it working! I've got STS all moded up and working like a champ on my WAMP.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Bill/Russell-

I know this goes without saying, but if you could please post your results I'd appreciate it as I am also in great need of getting the STS to work. Thanks in advance.

If this is a new installation of osC 060817, then you are experiencing the widely known "refresh bug" of the modules section which includes shipping, payment, etc.

There is a simple fix:

1. Open the catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

2. At the end of the “do_magic_quotes_gpc” routine, add the following code

reset($ar);

It will end up looking like this:

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
if (!is_array($ar)) return false;
while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
} else {
$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

I'm having the same problem. I checked the Catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php file and there is no "reset ($ar); at the end of the "do_magic_quotes_gpc" routine

I will check my original osC install package for that.

No that statement does not exist in my original osC package file. Was it supposed to be modified with the STS contribution?

No, by default it is not there, that was what my post was all about...adding that code.

This is not a STS issue but rather a bug in the 060817 osC release.

After you make the edits, your code should look exactly as the code above in both of those files.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I tried the advice in the link above and it didn't work. Here are my settings...

In catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/iseekbar/public_html/shop'); // where the pages are located on the server

* removal of any existing trailing (/) right??

Try this in admin/includes/configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/iseekbar/public_html/shop/');

I think your problem lies with the above line but check each line below in your admin/includes/configure.php as well:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://iseekbargains.com');
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://iseekbargains.com');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://iseekbargains.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/iseekbar/public_html/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shop/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/iseekbar/public_html/shop/admin/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/iseekbar/public_html/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'remotemysqlhost');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxxxx_xxxxx');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxxxx_xxxxxx');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

In catalog/includes/configure.php

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.iseekbargains.com');

* removal of any preceding http://

originally.. for (2) it was iseekbargains.com (without the www).

results: No change ...no error messages...no STS link seen under admin->modules

I changed it to that. Is there something else I can try.

Check each line in your catalog/includes/configure.php to be sure they look like this:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://iseekbargains.com');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://iseekbargains.com');
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false);
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'iseekbargains.com');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'iseekbargains.com');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/iseekbar/public_html/shop/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'remotemysqlhost');
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxx_xxxxx');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxxx_xxxxx');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

Note: Your personal information will go in place of the xxxxxxxx's above.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

OK. This thread is getting too long for being out of the official STS forum.

Please post all follow up posts in the link below. I will not be answering anymore posts in this thread. However, I will monitor the STS forum for any questions you may have.

STS Official Forum: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1053791

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

OK. This thread is getting too long for being out of the official STS forum.

Please post all follow up posts in the link below. I will not be answering anymore posts in this thread. However, I will monitor the STS forum for any questions you may have.

STS Official Forum: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1053791

Well, I said I was not going to post to this thread but I thought it would be worth while to all the members to mention the following:

The original post had issues that related to an incomplete installation of STS. He did not make the required modifications to the Admin side of the installation. That is why the STS modules were missing from his Admin. A simple file comparison would have pointed this out.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

• 2 years later...

Heads up for other guys for this scenario for new installs...

I hit the same issue, being a newbie I scratched my head for an hour.

I realised I made Configure.php 'read-only' to get rid of that red error at the top of the screen after a fresh install of OSc.

Removed the "read-only" access to both configure.php files, copied over STS 4.5.8 again and low and behold... IT WORKED! Damn I felt stupid.

You could also reinstall OSc again and before modifying anything copy STS files accross - that should work as well.

Hope this helps some one out there!