• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product download zip file empty

:'(

Okay, I've got the link for the download showing up in the customers account, but when they go to download, the zip file shows empty. I don't have a clue why. Anyone else having this problem? I've searched and searched for an answer on this forum to no avail.

I've got the download_controller 5.3 installed. Everything works great except the download!

argh.....

check the permissions on your catalog/pub directory. They should be 777 or something similar so as to allow osCommerce to write to that directory.

Thanks, but that's already the case. I'm pulling my hair out here...and it's thin enough already!

Does anybody have a clue why my zip file downloads empty? I've verified it's there with the file in it, the download link works, but downloads an empty zip rather than the actual file.

Please, does someone have a clue here?

Does anybody have a clue why my zip file downloads empty? I've verified it's there with the file in it, the download link works, but downloads an empty zip rather than the actual file.

Please, does someone have a clue here?

Wow, no one can answer this question? If I can't get downloads to work, I have to move my store to a different app...I'm sure there's a simple explaination, but know one seems to know. This is really sad.

• 2 months later...
Wow, no one can answer this question? If I can't get downloads to work, I have to move my store to a different app...I'm sure there's a simple explaination, but know one seems to know. This is really sad.

I'm having the same problem and can't find any answers

Hey everyone.

I don't know if this will help you (I'm very very new to this) But if you turn off the GZIP compression it might help. That was the problem on my site. I got the link just fine, but when I downloaded it was a 0byte file. Also, if you do that, try to download the unreal.zip file. If you're using a file that's too large your webhost may not let you do it. My host limits downloads to 1 minute before timing out, so anything that will take longer than that gets cut off. Like I said, try the unreal.zip or a small file to make sure that the GZIP was your problem in the first place. IF it is, then try a larger file, if it doesn't work then, ask your host how long before a download times out.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Hope that helps

Liz

Archived