• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP question. Whats_new.php > How can I specify a product ID?

kawie95

Hello, I would like to specify a product ID to be displayed (695). Please tell me how I can control which product is added in this left side module.

Heres the code:

catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: whats_new.php,v 1.31 2003/02/10 22:31:09 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

if ($random_product = tep_random_select("select products_id, products_image, products_tax_class_id, products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_status = '1' order by products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_RANDOM_SELECT_NEW)) {
?>
<!-- whats_new //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
$random_product['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($random_product['products_id']);
$random_product['specials_new_products_price'] = tep_get_products_special_price($random_product['products_id']);

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW));

if (tep_not_null($random_product['specials_new_products_price'])) {
  $whats_new_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';
  $whats_new_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  $whats_new_price = $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id']));
}

$info_box_contents = array();
$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
							 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $whats_new_price);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- whats_new_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

I think its Prouduct_ID, someone told me how to do this for the "NEw for the month of Febuary" box, this is what they said.

( http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...=249221&hl= )

get the product id number that tyou want to display.

the product id is displayed in the address bar when you click on the product.

inside : include/modules/new_products is the loop that displays you products.

change this :

TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1'

to this :

TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' and p.products_id =<add the number here without any quotes>

keep everything else the same.

all you are adding is :

and p.products_id =<nuimber>

corrie

Corrie

Problem with that post is that for the Whats new box, I don't see p.product anywhere and its just called product_id, hope that helps. Please help me specify product# 695 to be displayed in my What's New box. Thank you.

-Eric Schrader

Archived