• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Item Editing Programs

HeyItsCory

Populating one at a time is getting very old, very fast. I googled a little and found one thing that might help.

There is Store Manager by MagneticOne which seems to work okay, but before I ask my boss to throw down $90 to make my job easier, are other there programs that do the same thing? Are there free programs that do the same thing?

Populating one at a time is getting very old, very fast. I googled a little and found one thing that might help.

There is Store Manager by MagneticOne which seems to work okay, but before I ask my boss to throw down $90 to make my job easier, are other there programs that do the same thing? Are there free programs that do the same thing?

Check the contributions for Easy Populate.

I used it to stock a clients store in minutes. Took about 2 hours to get his data in order but after that the import was seamless. This was a store of over 3500 products.

Check the contributions for Easy Populate.

I used it to stock a clients store in minutes. Took about 2 hours to get his data in order but after that the import was seamless. This was a store of over 3500 products.

It looks like that's already plugged into the store, but the files it gives me are text files. The text files are so confusing that it doesn't seem any faster to edit items (for instance, if something like a manufacture is missing on 1/3 of your items by that manufacturer) I did a mass edit doing a "find/replace" search, but there has to be an easier way.

Is one of the contributions there an editor that can deal with those text files?

I use excel files when using easy populate. It makes your editting much easier and find and replace also works better.

Being laid out in tables will make it all easier than a plain text file.

I use excel files when using easy populate. It makes your editting much easier and find and replace also works better.

Being laid out in tables will make it all easier than a plain text file.

What do I save them as? How do I lay them out? Is there a tutorial page for Easy Populate I could read?

What do I save them as? How do I lay them out? Is there a tutorial page for Easy Populate I could read?

Set your excel file up with all the fields that Easy Populate needs. You can get those field names from an export of your current database. In fact start with your current database, as when you import the new file all your current ones will remain in it. Export via PHP my admin and you can save it as a Excel file.

Then you simply add your new products to that file. WHen it is done, export it out of excel as a tab deliminated .txt file and you have the working file to import into easy populate.

If your current data is in a database file of any kind at present you should be able to import it into excel.

Archived