• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Possible Setup to Collect Payments Only?

I know that osC sells goods and eDelivery (downloads) and in the case of downloads, the inventory can be set to "0"....but is it possible to set osC up as not a traditional cart but as a "payment gateway" of sorts?

For instance, I have 4 websites that themselves are Flash-based sites, yet they do sell services in different "packages" and combinations, and I need to have a payment processing solution with the SSL cert on my dedicated IP.....I intend to list each website (or "seller") as a Category, and the different pre-set packages or bundles each offers as "items" within osCommerce....seeing the different images of the websites on the Main Page of the cart, they can select the Client (which is now a category) and then be taken to the page displaying the different offers (items).

When is comes time to pay, even though shipping has been disabled (as it would be for downloads or eBooks), will the purchase page still assign a unique invoice number and collect payment prior to emailing the sale just as if I sold a tangible item? Secondly, will the customer have the ability to print out that uniqely identified invoice and/or get an emailed confirmation?

>> Would this solution be set up the same as if for downloads ---setting inventory to "0"?

For my first post, I hope it wasn't too obtuse! :blush:

Got timed out...

It would be better to have said....similar to downloads, but not "delivering" anything whatsoever.....selling a "nil" product....is THIS possible?

(This would effectively be "notating" a sale without delivery, correct?)

Archived